Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
911 Anniversary Terrorist Threat
MSNBC has been interrupting its post-Obama job creation speech coverage with a warning about a 911 anniversary threat. Lawrence O'Donnell just announced that Intelligence is deeming the threat credible. A tribal faction in Pakistan is reportedly threatening to have three men set off car or truck bombs in NYC and/or DC on the 911 anniversary. Assholes.
Mock members that live in D.C. or N.Y. have already hunkered down. The rest don't seem to care.

hah

Yep, they've even got names of people that might be involved and apparently are on the hunt for certain trucks.

I'm watching (and staying away from the Golden Gate bridge for now). Smiley_emoticons_wink
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-08-2011, 09:57 PM)username Wrote: Mock members that live in D.C. or N.Y. have already hunkered down. The rest don't seem to care.

hah

Yep, they've even got names of people that might be involved and apparently are on the hunt for certain trucks.

I'm watching (and staying away from the Golden Gate bridge for now). Smiley_emoticons_wink

I use the Bay Bridge at least twice a week, but rarely the Golden Gate Bridge. I do remember just after 911 that the GGB was listed as one of the top 10 likely terrorist targets. Stay safe...
Git yerselves high centered on a Buena Vista bar stool and wait till they holler, "All Clear!".

I'll spring for the first round of Irish Coffees.
(09-08-2011, 10:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 09:57 PM)username Wrote: Mock members that live in D.C. or N.Y. have already hunkered down. The rest don't seem to care.

hah

I use the Bay Bridge at least twice a week, but rarely the Golden Gate Bridge. I do remember just after 911 that the GGB was listed as one of the top 10 likely terrorist targets. Stay safe...

So was Oak Ridge (NUCLEAR PLANT) here n Tn.

LINK~
http://youtu.be/LVK6x6Qle3w
(09-08-2011, 10:25 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Git yerselves high centered on a Buena Vista bar stool and wait till they holler, "All Clear!".

I'll spring for the first round of Irish Coffees.

Buena Vista Irish Coffee sounds great. Cheers
every anniversary it seems there are credible threats, they are pretty much expected. all any of us can do is hope that "they" know there is extra vigilance.
i feel if another attack ever comes it will not be in an expected center, but in a least-expected high population area.

I don't feel like I can make light of this in case someone dies. Because I was going to make some crack about DC being an OK target, but I don't want to risk the possible really bad karma.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
These bastards better not fuck with my US Open Men's Finals!
Show no fear, there are rumours of 911 anniversary attacks in the UK as well.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(09-08-2011, 10:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I use the Bay Bridge at least twice a week, but rarely the Golden Gate Bridge.

I rarely drive on the Bay Bridge (thankfully). It freaks me out; it's too damn long and ever since the collapse....*shudders*
Commando Cunt Queen
I'm thinking this whole 'terror threat' is a PR move.

"Credible but unconfirmed . . . ?"

Isn't this daily life in our Brave New World?
........said the bubble headed bleached blonde with a gleam in her eye....
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Another reason that I am thankful to be way out in the country in North Carolina. (Since I moved here, NJ has been flooded out twice, thanks to Iris and Lee.)

In NJ, I lived close enough to NYC to be worried. There were several people from my town killed in that attack. One of the people on the plane that went down in the middle of PA (or Ohio or someplace like that) was a sweet little old lady who was a teacher's aid in my children's school.

When you are living close to one of the cities under high security, it really does wear on your brain. You tend to look at everybody around you as a potential suspect and they are looking at you with the same thought.

Soon after 9/11, my neighbor and I called the police because there was a strange car parked in front of our houses. It turned out to be a Limo driver taking a nap while he waited for his next client to get ready for a trip to the airport.
(09-09-2011, 12:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: ........said the bubble headed bleached blonde with a gleam in her eye....

Nice 'Dirty Laundy' reference. I didn't think Don Henley was very popular in the UK?

BTW, here in 'Flyover Land' we don't expect much of anything. (I'm sure I just jinxed us now).
you think Maggot is in the UK?

hah...........Oh, snap!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-09-2011, 01:39 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: you think Maggot is in the UK?

Maine ISN'T subject to the crown?
Sept. 10, 2011

New York (CNN) -- Two of the three suspects believed to be involved in a potential 911 anniversary plot against New York or Washington are of Arab descent and traveled to the United States last week, according to a U.S. government official.

Authorities are operating under the assumption that two of the suspects have arrived on U.S. soil, and have been piecing together clues gleaned from flight logs and manifests, among other sources, said the official, who declined to be named.

A third plotter is believed to be have traveling in Europe, though it is not clear whether that person has arrived in the United States, the official said.

A senior U.S. administration official said Friday that it is the "origin" of the intelligence information that is causing particular concern.

U.S. officials believe that operatives came out of the tribal Pakistan-Afghanistan border region -- a volatile semi-lawless area that is home to extremist groups -- and that they are part of al Qaeda "central."

Rep. Peter King, R-New York, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said specific details were revealed to lawmakers about the threat. "Many agencies are looking at this from every possible angle," he said.

But it is not known yet if the threat is real, he said, adding, "I would tell people now to go about their lives. There's no need to panic."

Snipped from:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/09/09/terrori...?hpt=hp_t1
(09-10-2011, 01:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sept. 10, 2011

New York (CNN) -- [i]Two of the three suspects believed to be involved in a potential 911 anniversary plot against New York or Washington are of Arab descent and traveled to the United States last week, according to a U.S. government official.

How did they manage to get into the country? I thought the intelligence was gathered from Bin Laden's lair and that was months ago. Aren't there watch lists for certain people? I know a friend of mine has trouble flying anywhere because his name is on a list. It is not him, but just somebody with his name. Of course they would not be using their own names, but still I am sure they have pictures of the key operatives.

It is a pain in the ass for us normal people to fly anywhere with all the security measures, but somehow these jerks manage to get in anyway.