Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jorelys Rivera, 7, GA. raped and murdered.
this is all i have so far. don't know circumstances.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution

last night

A 7-year-old Canton girl is missing and police are asking for help finding her.

Jorely Rivera was wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans and black boots when last seen around 5 p.m. at the River Ridge apartment complex in the 100 block of River Ridge Drive in Canton, police said.
Rivera is described as a Hispanic female who is approximately 3 feet tall and 80 pounds, authorities said.

Officers have been searching the area since around 5:30 p.m. and are going door to door. The search area has been expanded, police said.

If you have any information about where Jorely Rivera might be you can call the Canton Police Department at (770) 720-4883.

[Image: missingkid_1202A_1204827c.jpg]

[Image: 111202105141_missinggirl1201b.png]

That's a pretty terrible description.... 3ft tall and 80lbs? She is 7 she has to be taller then that
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Still missing according to the local news. Apparently the apartment building is known for drugs and violence.

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

a teen was responsible for her with no parent available. why haven't we seen the mother yet?

Canton 11 News

The girl, Jorely Rivera, was playing in the playground of her River Ridge apartment complex on River Ridge Drive in Canton. She was being watched by a teen who last saw her around 5 p.m., Canton police said. Rivera’s father lives in Puerto Rico and her mother was out of town.

The teenage girl went back to an apartment to get drinks for the kids. When she returned, Jorelys was gone, Det. Worthy said.

[Image: leslie1.jpg]

[Image: leslie2.jpg]

[Image: leslie3.jpg]

[Image: 4pic11_lg.jpg]

Jesus Christ! These poor babies. These stories really pull at my heart strings. :(
Father lives in Puerto Rico and mother was out of town. great 78 Is she back now? Does she even know that her daughter is missing?

I wonder if the is teenager a sibling or a neighbor? Either way, I feel sorry for the teenager. It's not his/her fault. I blame the parents to negligence.

CANTON, Ga. - After nearly 24 hours of searching, state and local authorities in Canton are considering the disappearance of a 7-year-old girl to be abduction.

fuck. time is of the essence.

Police spokeswoman Detective Candy Worthy said an abduction appeared more likely as the investigation proceeded.

“We have been slowly pushing in that direction during the day today,” Worthy said Saturday. “At this time, we are treating the case as a child abduction for the safety of the child.”

[Image: 1T8L_girl.jpg]

now the father is "visiting" from Miami, not P.R. and the mother was sleeping, not out of town. and the other kids have been removed from home. that is NOT routine as stated in public.

CBS Atlanta
Canton Police Public Information Officer Candy Worthy said Jorely's mother was sleeping at the time. Police are interviewing her mother, which Worthy said is normal. "She is distraught and cooperating," Worthy said.
. She also confirmed that the Department of Family and Child Services has removed two siblings of the missing child (ages 1 12 and 4) from the home. She added the children were removed due to "the obvious neglect issues by the child's mother.

Jorely's parents hugged and said they would pray for good news soon.

Earlier Saturday, concerned neighbors and police spent hours searching for the missing girl.

"I was out there until 3 a.m. We searched the dumpster, we actually crawled into the dumpster," neighbor Amanda Nixon said.

"I spent all night in the woods, flip-flops walking around trying to find this kid," Sandy Lindsey said.

Police believe Jorely was abducted from the playground after her teenage babysitter left her there alone.

Lindsey said it wasn't the first time the children were left unsupervised.

"They don't pay attention to their kids very well. This little girl runs around all over the place so anyone could have made friends with her," Lindsey said.

Police said Rivera's two other young children have been taken into DFACS custody because they weren't being watched properly.

news video with the mom.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/2157...d-daughter

[Image: 2hfphk7.jpg]

news 11

CANTON, Ga. - Canton Police began another round of ground searches at 1 p.m. on Sunday to try to find Jorelys Rivera, 7, who's been missing since Friday.

Because she's been gone for so long with no solid clues surfacing, police are working on the theory that Rivera was abducted and taken from the area. But they can't be sure.

Det. Candy Worthy indicated on Sunday morning that Rivera's mother, Joselin, is not considered a suspect.

"We don't think the child's mother had anything to do with her disappearance at this point," Det. Worthy wrote in an e-mail.

She said the mother has two other children, who were taken into protective custody by DFCS as a precaution.
horseshit.

[Image: jorelys_1206280c.jpg]

Re: the picture of the playground - I wonder what that wooded area behind the playground backs up to?
I live about 10 miles from this area and know it very well. I have never been to those apartments but it is close to a large shopping complex and large developments of nice homes. Apartments outside the perimeter in Atlanta almost always have a high crime rate, even the nicer ones.

I am surprised at the lack of attention to this little girl's disappearrance around here, especially since police have publicly said they think it is an abduction. I called a friend that lives about a mile from there and she didn't even know a child was missing.
(12-04-2011, 06:29 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
She said the mother has two other children, who were taken into protective custody by DFCS as a precaution.
horseshit.

If the mother didn't have anything to do with the disappearance, that is kinda fucked up. It's bad enough to have a missing kid without losing the other two.

There must be some reason.

I don't think foster homes are any better on average than the regular homes. Many foster parents are either crazy religious or looking for a paycheck. I hate to think what little kids go through when they are put in foster homes.

Learn to fucking speak English if you are going to live here. Jesus, people. I'm not going to learn Spanish (besides the curse words) to deal with you.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i think the mother's story has changed.

her car being searched.

[Image: 120311joselin.jpg]

[Image: Cherokee_County_girl_missing_6_t615.jpg?...55e904d640]

[Image: Cherokee_County_girl_missing_4_t615.jpg?...55e904d640]

[Image: Cherokee_County_girl_missing_1_t615.jpg?...55e904d640]

[Image: article-2070165-0F0FAEDE00000578-622_468x308.jpg]

[Image: 120611_missing_1_1206975c.jpg]

11 news
CANTON, Ga. -- The Georgia Child Abduction Response Team joined the search Monday for 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who's been missing since Friday.

More than 50 representatives from several state agencies, including the Department of Corrections, Department of Probation and Paroles and the Department of National Resources, are also helping out.

"They come together in a coordinated way and bring their unique skills to this search," said GBI Director Vernon Keenan.

On Sunday night, investigators searched the family's van and took evidence bags out of her mother's apartment. Crews also looked through dumpsters with trained search dogs.

Police said the family is cooperating. But Jorelys' mother has lost custody of her two younger children, at least temporarily.

"We don't think the child's mother had anything to do with her disappearance at this point," said Det. Candy Worthy. "We just think that she was not supervising well enough to keep all of the children safe," Det. Worthy wrote.

jleslie11alive Jennifer Leslie
Jorelys' mother says daughter's purse & diary are missing. She last saw her Thurs. night before working late shift #FindJorelys #news

It sounds like the whole story has changed.

From this article: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/2157...d-daughter

"Jorelys was last seen at about 5 p.m. Friday at a playground at the River Ridge Apartment complex. She had gone back to her apartment to get a drink, said Det. Worthy said.

She never came back.

On Monday, investigators said her purse and diary were also missing."

The initial story said that a teenager was watching Jorelys and the babysitter went to get drinks for the kids. Now they are saying that Jorelys went to get a drink and never returned.
I wonder why her diary would be missing...... unless she documented abuse/neglect?

I am hoping she wasn't abducted and merely run away as mom didn't pay her any attention and she is found safe hiding somewhere
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
7 year old Jorelys Rivera goes missing over the weekend... Today reports a body has been found- full details tonight on #HLN at 6pm
5 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply
Sad ending.

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Body of 7 year old Jorelys Rivera discovered in dumpster... Beaten and abused.. In Canton GA yfrog.com/nyf60vdj
5 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Authorities said Monday they found the body of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera of Canton, who has been missing since Friday. Vernon Keenan of the GBI said she had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted. The body was found in a dumpster.
Keenan said the girl's mother has been notified. Keenan said no one is in custody and there are currently no suspects.
Keenan said the body was discovered around 12:30 p.m. Police had been searching dumpsters at the apartment complex, but the dumpster where her body was found was not searched until today. Police had to move the dumpster across Reinhardt Parkway and remove the contents of the dumpster before they found the body.

Keenan did not say where the girl was killed or how far the dumpster was from the site where Jorelys was last seen.

Keenan called it a "very very horrendous crime."
Signs_173

Damn it. Poor little girl. RIP baby.

This one hits close to home. I have friends with kids that know this little girl from school. I am so sad and sick. This world sucks.

I kept seeing posts on FB that ALL that was needed was prayers for this little girl. So, was this God's plan for her? I don't like to insult people of faith, I was once one myself, but how do you worship an all-powerful, all-knowing God that allows this stuff to happen to little children?