Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
why are you a dork?
[Image: i_am_dork.jpg]

be honest. what makes you dorky?

i am a dork because the manual that came with my new car is about the size of "War and Peace" and i haven't read it.
consequently i couldn't figure out how to turn the heat on. or the defrosters.
or change the clock.
last week my backseat passenger could not open door to get out and i had to call the dealer to find out why it was locked from the inside like a cruiser. it seems there is some damn kiddie lock on it i had inadvertently activated.
i can not get used to push-button ignition. i have walked away and left the car locked and running about 7 times now. the engine is so quiet i couldn't hear it.

that is merely one topic that makes me an official dork. 22

how about you? purge yourself. embrace your inner dork. tell us so we can sneer at you. hah

I'm not sure what a dork it. I keep seeing nerd, geek and dork used interchangeably.
(12-10-2011, 07:33 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: last week my backseat passenger could not open door to get out and i had to call the dealer to find out why it was locked from the inside like a cruiser.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i think geeks have skills, like computer geeks. and nerds too, they usually study chemistry or math. where dorks may simply be hopelessly lost. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(12-10-2011, 07:33 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: what makes you dorky?

I'm sentimental.

The song, "I'll Be Home For Christmas" makes me feel emotional.

I still want my Mom when I'm sick or feeling sad.

I can trip on air and choke on my own spit.

I win.
You're a dork for starting this thread,crunchy.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(12-10-2011, 09:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You're a dork for starting this thread,crunchy.

i thought you had me on Ignore Dickie.

you're still not getting your Christmas present. Smiley_emoticons_razz

(12-10-2011, 09:08 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 09:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You're a dork for starting this thread,crunchy.

i thought you had me on Ignore Dickie.

you're still not getting your Christmas present. Smiley_emoticons_razz

That was in the other thread.

and now it's this one also.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Coughing up a Dork once meant something completly different.

Word Story
The history of dork is a short one. It’s been around only since the 1950s or 60s, originally as a slang term for “penis.” Most likely dork was just an alternative form of dick, a word that started out as a nickname for Richard—a name meaning “fellow”—but which by the late 1800s, had taken on the additional meaning of “penis” (which is certainly part of a fellow) in British army slang.
By the late 60s, American college students had extended the meaning of dork to refer to a socially awkward person. While at first this sense of dork carried pejorative connotations, the term has since been “taken back” by the people it once so cruelly described, and now can even be given as a compliment. If a girl calls a guy “adorkable,” (the combination of “dork” and “adorable”) she means to say he is cute in a socially awkward, yet endearing way.
Geeks and nerds, while still dorky, are generally considered more intelligent than dorks. Next time you call someone a dork think about its short history in the English language, and reflect upon what a word nerd you are.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-10-2011, 07:55 PM)Smegma Wrote: I can trip on air and choke on my own spit.

I win.

I don't know..I did a really great tripping on air face plant at work last year...in front of the whole office. Ended up in the ER with that one.
But my ultimate dorkiness is car related like LC...not long after I got my car I could not figure out why the display for the heating was not workong..no heat, no air, no nothing. Stopped the car, called my husband in hysterics as I thought it was some major electricial problem. Turned out, I had powered off the damn thing, and just needed to turn it back on,
Everything they make now is crap. They're designed to be easy for the programmer and the fucking computers that operate them are just piulled off the shelf. Nothing works the way it's supposed to. Nothing is intuitive.

But the worst part is they let programmers write the operating instructions so they are utterly incomprehensible.

You can thank Bill Gates. He doesn't care. Car run people down on the street and no one can figure out how to set their alarms clocks but Bill Gates will still decide how much money you'll pay for incomprehensible shit.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Oops.

I'm in the wrong damn thread.

I guess that might make me a dork.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
I don't think I have the dork gene. I get along with machines and electronics just fine.
Some people, well thats a different story, most of the X's would probably tell you that makes me an asshole, but none would say dork
I once tested the theory that if you took a blazing hot 9 x 12 glass casserole dish out of the oven and put it in cold water in the sink it would explode. And you'd end up digging chunks of broken glass out of your garbage disposal. I knew better but then again, I didn't.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-10-2011, 10:11 PM)QueenBee Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 07:55 PM)Smegma Wrote: I can trip on air and choke on my own spit.

I win.

I don't know..I did a really great tripping on air face plant at work last year...in front of the whole office. Ended up in the ER with that one.
But my ultimate dorkiness is car related like LC...not long after I got my car I could not figure out why the display for the heating was not workong..no heat, no air, no nothing. Stopped the car, called my husband in hysterics as I thought it was some major electricial problem. Turned out, I had powered off the damn thing, and just needed to turn it back on,

Oh dear... I only kind of catch my foot and stagger a little. It always cracks me up so if anyone's looking, I look doubly stupid but I've never actually injured myself.
(12-10-2011, 09:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: Coughing up a Dork once meant something completly different.

Word Story
The history of dork is a short one. It’s been around only since the 1950s or 60s, originally as a slang term for “penis.”

Thank you for that, Maggot. Dork and nards are lost words...

I catch myself (and clad and Maggot and LC and Dick sometimes) posting math, science, or history on this board. I'm sure that is dorky as hell.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
What's dorky are the ones who don't understand any of the math science and history that is posted on this board.

A dork has always been an idiot and idiots are always dorks.

John Adams

(12-10-2011, 09:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: “adorkable,”

That sorta/kinda applies to you. You're totally "out there" but in a lovable way. You're cute & funny and I know you're smart. You make me laugh.

(12-11-2011, 11:56 AM)IMaDick Wrote: A dork has always been an idiot and idiots are always dorks.

self-deprecating humor-----> get a little.
grouchy old grinch.

[Image: christmas_grinch-3011.jpg]