Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did you know.....
......That the auther of these lines.

The Pioneer has before declared that our only safety depends upon the total extermination of the Indians. Having wronged them for centuries, we had better, in order to protect our civilization, follow it up by one more wrong and wipe these untamed and untamable creatures from the face of the earth. In this lies future safety for our settlers and the soldiers who are under incompetent commands. Otherwise, we may expect future years to be as full of trouble with the redskins as those have been in the past.

Later went on the write "The wonderful wizard of OZ" L. Frank Baum
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I would have said Lincoln. He didn't really like natives or nogs, only freed them in slave-holding states and killed a shitload of indians.

Did you read this thread? http://mockforums.net/thread-9427.html
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Yeah ...well the tush tickler did the right thing. The original thread was getting chewed up. L.C. hated when a thread would do a u-turn especially in her forum. She yelled at me more than once about it. Thats why I only read her forum and didn't participate much. It hard for me to be serious very long, a defence mechanism brought on by chronic selfishness on my part. I have a hard time being serious very long. I become silent and just clean my guns and stuff. hah
(12-16-2012, 10:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Later went on the write "The wonderful wizard of OZ" L. Frank Baum

The movie took away the word, "Wonderful" from the title of the book.
Why?
(12-16-2012, 11:30 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(12-16-2012, 10:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Later went on the write "The wonderful wizard of OZ" L. Frank Baum

The movie took away the word, "Wonderful" from the title of the book.
Why?

Beginning with the success of the stage version, most subsequent versions of the story, including newer editions of the novel, have been titled "The Wizard of Oz", rather than using the full, original title. In more recent years, restoring the full title has become increasingly common, particularly to distinguish the novel from the Hollywood film.
Tush tickler Police
(12-16-2012, 11:48 PM)Adub Wrote: Tush tickler Police

I'm sorry. That name has been taken already.
^
Stolen, really.
And that fact still smarts.
(12-16-2012, 11:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah ...well the tush tickler did the right thing. The original thread was getting chewed up. L.C. hated when a thread would do a u-turn especially in her forum. She yelled at me more than once about it. Thats why I only read her forum and didn't participate much. It hard for me to be serious very long, a defence mechanism brought on by chronic selfishness on my part. I have a hard time being serious very long. I become silent and just clean my guns and stuff. hah

Tush tickler.....that aroused me.
I thought it would. hah
Did you know?......

-Armadillos have 4 babies at a time; all of which are the same sex (they can also run up to 30 miles an hour and have very limited vision).

-Reindeer like bananas.

It's true.
I like random facts and trivia, not sure why.

Some more from the entertainment world:

-In "The Wizard of Oz" movie, Toto the dog's salary was $125 a week and Judy Garland's was $500 a week.

-Four people played Darth Vader: David Prowse was his body, James Earl Jones was his voice, Sebastian Shaw was his face, and some other guy played his breather.

- The first time that the word "hell" was spoken on TV was by William Shatner playing Captain Kirk in an original Star Trek episode titled, "City on the Edge of Forever". The quote was this: "...let's get the hell out of here...."
Christmas stuff:

According to historical accounts, the first Christmas in the Philippines was celebrated 200 years before Ferdinand Magellan discovered the country for the western world, likely between the years 1280 and 1320 AD.

Animal Crackers are not really crackers, but cookies that were imported to the United States from England in the late 1800s. Barnum's circus-like boxes were designed with a string handle so that they could be hung on a Christmas tree.

Charles Dickens' initial choice for Scrooge's statement "Bah Humbug" was "Bah Christmas."
Some global Christmas trivia:

USA: In an effort to solicit cash to pay for a charity Christmas dinner in 1891, a large crabpot was set down on a San Francisco street, becoming the first Salvation Army collection kettle.

American mistletoe, the kind most often associated with kissing, is one of 1,300 species of mistletoe worldwide but one of only two that are native to the United States. The other is dwarf mistletoe.

•In Norway on Christmas Eve, visitors should know that after the family's big dinner and the opening of presents, all the brooms in the house are hidden. The Norwegians long ago believed that witches and mischievous spirits came out on Christmas Eve and would steal their brooms for riding.

• In Portugal, the traditional Christmas meal (consoada) is eaten in the early hours of Christmas Day. Burning in the hearth is the Yule log (fogueira da consoada). The ashes and charred remains of the Yule log are saved; later in the year, they are burned with pine cones during Portugal's thunderstorm season. It is believed that no thunderbolt will strike where the Yule log smoke has traveled.

• In Syria, Christmas gifts are distributed by one of the Wise Men's camels. The gift-giving camel is said to have been the smallest one in the Wise Men's caravan.

• In the Netherlands, Christmas centers on the arrival of Saint Nicholas, who is believed to come on horseback bearing gifts. Before going to bed, children leave out their shoes, hoping to find them filled with sweets when they awaken.
In Syria if you say you are Christian they cut your throat. Smiley_emoticons_shocked
(12-20-2012, 12:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: In Syria if you say you are Christian they cut your throat. Smiley_emoticons_shocked

I've seen it nearly happen at Mock too. Smiley_emoticons_razz
Just a paper cut though.
(12-20-2012, 12:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Just a paper cut though.

Yea but those hurt like a bitch!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Especialy on a tongue.
Stop chewing on paper Maggs.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies