Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HUNTING
A hunter after dinner!

[Image: 96ffca06.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Where did you get a picture of my cat?

That looks like baby except we don't have mice for her to chase like that.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

i don't blame hunters for this shit.
it's the fault of asian ignorance, poachers and fucking superstitious stupidity.

this animal was a pet.

daily mail
Prince William has been left 'appalled' by the slaughter of his friend's rhino which was killed by poachers for his prized horn.

Endangered white rhinoceros Max was shot 17 times and had his horn hacked off by hunters in Kenya.

Despite rangers removing most of his horn as a protective measure against poachers, he was hunted for the small piece still remaining.

Six-year-old Max, who was featured in the documentary Last Chance To See, had been hand-reared by Ian Craig - the father of Prince William's ex-girlfriend Jecca.

Mr Craig owns the Lewa wildlife reserve in Kenya but the animal had been moved to the Ol Pejeta sanctuary after he reached adulthood, which is where the killing took place.

Poachers kill rhino for their horns, which sell for £40,00 a kilo in Asia where it is wrongly believed to cure cancer.
and as an 'aphrodisiac'.

Charlie Mayhew, co-founder of the Tusk Trust, said: 'Max's slaughter by poachers is a shocking illustration of what is now happening the length and breadth of Africa to meet the growing demand for rhino horn in China and Vietnam.

MAX. so damn sad.

[Image: article-2107192-11F21BA5000005DC-729_634x482.jpg]

[Image: article-2107192-11F21B87000005DC-704_634x435.jpg]

[Image: article-2107192-11F21BF9000005DC-88_634x413.jpg]

very cool

[Image: article-2111608-1211B9FF000005DC-820_634x358.jpg]

Up to a point its specifications are nothing out of the ordinary – it has an eight-mile range and a top speed of five miles per hour.

But what makes this wheelchair different is that it has tracks instead of wheels, which means it can go almost anywhere.

The Action Trackchair is made by Action Manufacturing in Marshall, Minnesota, and is specifically designed to go off-road.

It’s happy powering across mud, rocky terrain and even in water.
gun racks and mounts are available, with many buyers delighted that they can go out hunting again.

That sure makes dragging them out of the woods easier!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-08-2012, 10:30 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: very cool

[Image: article-2111608-1211B9FF000005DC-820_634x358.jpg]

Up to a point its specifications are nothing out of the ordinary – it has an eight-mile range and a top speed of five miles per hour.

But what makes this wheelchair different is that it has tracks instead of wheels, which means it can go almost anywhere.

The Action Trackchair is made by Action Manufacturing in Marshall, Minnesota, and is specifically designed to go off-road.

It’s happy powering across mud, rocky terrain and even in water.
gun racks and mounts are available, with many buyers delighted that they can go out hunting again.

i don't want to see some old bat riding one of these at the grocery store. hah

this so so horrible and heartless. somebody tell me about good responsible hunters! this isn't about food, it's about greed. sad sad sad.

daily mail
These heartbreaking photos show the extent of an elephant slaughter in the troubled nation of Cameroon.

At least half the elephant population in Bouba N'Djida reserve have been slaughtered because the west African nation sent too few security forces to tackle poachers, the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) said on Thursday.

In what was described as one of the worst poaching massacres in decades, and at least 200 elephants have been killed for their tusks since January by poachers on horseback from Chad and Sudan.

According to The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), poachers slaughtered 300-400 elephants for their tusks in Cameroon since 2012, up to 200 in a single park. Here is just one of the dead

'WWF is disturbed by reports that the poaching continues unabated,' Natasha Kofoworola Quist, WWF's representative in the region, said in a statement.

About 20 fresh elephant carcasses were discovered last week, a spokesperson for the organisation said from Cameroon.

The government of the Central African state has sent special forces to track the poachers and end the killing spree in the north of the country, but the WWF said this may be too little, too late.

'The forces arrived too late to save most of the park's elephants and were too few to deter the poachers,' Quist said. She said the organisation regretted that a soldier was killed during a clash with the poachers.

Security has been unable to prevent the massacre carried out by poachers on horseback from Sudan and Chad

WWF said at least half the population of Bouba N'Djida's elephants have been killed.

The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) said cross-border poaching was common during the dry season but the scale of the killings this year was unprecedented.

'They move 1,000 kilometers (more than 600 miles) on horseback to get to northern Cameroon because they have already wiped out the elephants of Chad and Central African Republic,' said Richard Carroll, vice president of the U.S. chapter of WWF.

According to IFAW, poachers slaughtered as many as 400 elephants for their tusks in Cameroon since the killing spree began.

IFAW said it was not clear how many elephants remained in Cameroon but a 2007 estimate put the figure at between 1,000 and 5,000.

The government had sent up to 150 soldiers into the national park on March 1 - taking action after weeks of pressure from the fund and from the European Union.

Wildlife activists blame China's growing footprint in Africa for an unprecedented surge in poaching elephants for their tusks. Most are believed to be smuggled to China and Thailand to make ivory ornaments.

Growing demand for ivory in China is 'the leading driver behind the illegal trade in ivory today,' said Tom Milliken, an elephant and rhino expert for the wildlife trade monitoring network TRAFFIC.

China has a legal ivory market that is supposed to be highly controlled but tons and tons of illegal ivory has made its way there in recent years, said the Zimbabwe-based Milliken, who spoke in a conference call with several World Wildlife Fund officers.

[Image: article-0-12231203000005DC-463_634x396.jpg]

[Image: article-0-1222D3BD000005DC-771_634x385.jpg]

[Image: article-0-12231377000005DC-725_634x421.jpg]

they're so beautiful. 21

[Image: article-2123772-126E2355000005DC-233_634x475.jpg]

[Image: article-2123772-126E3053000005DC-488_634x453.jpg]

[Image: article-2123772-126E305E000005DC-672_634x456.jpg]

[Image: article-2123772-126E3066000005DC-950_634x417.jpg]

Stripping wolves of federal protection last spring opened the animals to state wildlife management, including newly licensed hunting and trapping designed to reduce their numbers from levels the states deemed too high.

Since the de-listing last May, Idaho has cut its wolf population by about 40 percent, from roughly 1,000 to about 600 or fewer. Some 260 wolves have been killed in Montana, more than a third of its population, leaving an estimated 650 remaining.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has also proposed lifting the protected status for another 350 wolves in Wyoming.

Once common across most of North America, wolves were hunted, trapped and poisoned to near extinction in the lower 48 states by the 1940s under a government-sponsored program.

Decades later, biologists recognized that wolves had an essential role as a predator in mountain ecosystems, leading to protection of the animal under the Endangered Species Act.

Wolves were reintroduced in the mid-1990s over the vehement objections of ranchers and sportsmen, who see the animals as a threat to livestock and big-game animals such as elk and deer.

Environmentalists say the impact of wolves on cattle herds and wildlife is overstated and that the recent removal of federal safeguards could push the wolf back to the brink.

I'd be ashamed to post those photos. That's not hunting, that's just fucking cruelty...so the big hero set a trap to catch it by the leg where it went around in circles there in agony for hours by the look of it and then he shot it on the end of a 10th tether?

Fucking morons....
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Yeah, thats pretty sickening.
[Image: article-0-129AB567000005DC-994_634x355.jpg]

[Image: article-0-129AB55C000005DC-860_634x518.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0DFFA97700000578-740_634x425.jpg]

The King of Spain has come under fire for hunting elephants in Botswana as his country is being sucked back into the eurozone's financial crisis and one in two youngsters are jobless.

Spanish media have slammed Juan Carlos for the reported £27,000 cost of the trip - and have published angry editorials alongside pictures of a previous 'Big Game' hunting expedition.

too bad that elephant didn't gore him and squash him like a bug.

daily mail

[Image: Pahunters.jpg]

WASHINGTON – A hunting bill passed by the House on Tuesday makes it harder to restrict hunting and fishing on public lands and ensures that the hunter's arsenal will continue to include lead bullets

The legislation, which passed 274-146, also allows those who have legally hunted polar bears in Canada to bring their trophies home.

Republican sponsors said the bill, which faces an uncertain future in the Senate, protects sportsmen from bureaucratic restrictions. Democratic opponents said it was unneeded because 85 percent of federal land is open to hunting and called it a sop to the gun lobby.

FULL STORY:
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/...z1sMhr4kXL

never never tell your girlfriend you mistook her for a hawg. hah

BUNNELL, Fla. -
A woman is recovering after her boyfriend accidentally shot her instead of a hog while the two were hunting in western Flagler County.

Deputies said it happened Saturday evening at the Cowart Hunt Camp on County Road 305, southwest of Bunnell.

Deputies said Steven Egan, 52, and his girlfriend Lisa Simmons were inside a tent when Egan saw a hog. He shot at the hog but wasn't sure if he hit it.

Egan then walked out of the tent to look for the hog. When he heard some rustling in the woods, he fired again.

Instead of hitting the hog, Egan shot Simmons with his .30 caliber rifle. The bullet went through both of her legs.

Egan told police he didn't know Simmons had left the tent. SURE BUDDY!!

Liar

[Image: hog-with_snort_on-larue_obr.jpg]

What a thread. Especially the wolf part. I used to hunt when I was a kid, but only during bow season. Never got anything, just loved tracking and trying to catch them.
that will teach him to try to shoot my wild turkey friends! hah

Maine Sun Journal

MACHIAS — Opening day of turkey season turned out to be a bit more than Bill Robinson had in mind Monday when he set out his decoy at dawn’s first light.
“I’ll never forget looking up and seeing a jaw full of teeth coming at me,” Bill Robinson of Edmunds Township said Tuesday, the day after being attacked and bitten on the right arm by a coyote.

“I’ll never forget looking up and seeing a jaw full of teeth coming at me,” Robinson said Tuesday, the day after being attacked and bitten on the right arm by a coyote. The wild canine sprang while the Maine Guide was hunkered down in the brush, using a mouth-call to lure a turkey into the open while hunting on private property near the Washington County community of Cooper.

“I had placed my turkey decoy in a field in front of me and then positioned myself in some cover,” said Robinson, 39, who lives in Edmunds Township, near Dennysville. “It was about 10 minutes after dawn, and right beside me was a short, thick spruce tree that had grown so thick you couldn’t see through it. That coyote came up the edge of the field and was one side of that tree, with me on the other.

“The distance involved was only about four feet,” Robinson said. “But that tree was so thick that he couldn’t see me, and I couldn’t see him. He was determined to have turkey for breakfast and was also determined that the sound he heard was a hen turkey.”

Robinson said the coyote “came in high,” a hunting maneuver designed to ensure his feathered prey couldn’t fly off.

“When he bit down on my upper arm, he went through four layers — a heavy jacket, a sweatshirt, a long-sleeve shirt and a T-shirt,” he said. “As I peeled off each layer there were two holes in each one. When I got to my arm, it was just burning and bleeding out of two holes.”

Once the coyote realized it had jumped a human, not a hen, it sprinted away.

“It turned and ran 100 miles an hour across that field,” Robinson said. “It was as shocked and surprised to see me, as I was to see it. I took a shot at it, but it was too far off by then. I turned it around for a second when I hit him in the haunch with a few pellets from my turkey load, just to say goodbye.”

Robinson packed up and headed to the nearby home of a friend, Joe Gardner, who is a district game warden. Gardner examined and took pictures of the wound before counseling Robinson to seek medical attention at the Down East Community Hospital in Machias, where he began a two-week regimen of precautionary rabies vaccine injections.

Robinson was given seven shots Monday, four in his right arm, where he was bitten, and three in his left. There are, he said, many more shots in his near future.

“I walked into that hospital with one sore arm and left with two,” he said Tuesday. “But I don’t blame the coyote. It was doing what coyotes do, hunting. My guess is that coyote was perfectly healthy and was not rabid. He was big, probably 50 pounds. I’m just glad it didn’t grab my neck.”

So is Gardner, who has been friends with Robinson since they were boys.

“That was a first-time event for me,” said Gardner, who patrols the Pembroke area. “I’ve heard people tell stories about coyotes coming into an area where they are calling turkeys, but then running off when they realize what they’re hearing are hunters, not turkeys. I told Bill that he must be really good at calling turkeys.”

A Maine Guide for eight years, Robinson said he’ll be turkey hunting again soon.

“I’ll be a little more prepared next time, in terms of not positioning myself where there’s a blind spot,” he said. “It was a freak thing. And an unforgettable thing.”

[Image: WIRturkeyguy0502_0.jpg]

Fox

[Image: bearGrizz.jpg]

State and federal wildlife officials have put up a $10,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the shooter of a Grizzly bear and her nursing cub in the wilderness of northern Idaho.

The dead bears were found May 18 by a hiker on Hall Mountain in Boundary County, near the Kootenai River valley. The shootings have outraged locals and hunting groups, who note Grizzly bears are a protected species. Hunting them can bring a year in prison and be fined up to $100,000.

“A good sportsman doesn’t go out there and do this," said Jon Meadows, president of the Kootenai Valley Sportsman Association. "I hope we find out who done it. It’s uncalled for.”

The reward is being offered by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services and the Idaho Department of Fishing and Game. The carcasses of the bears were flown to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service lab in Ashland, Ore., for further investigation.

Meadows scoffed at the notion the killings may have been in self-defense, noting someone who had been threatened by an aggressive bear before killing it out of necessity “would have turned the bear in to authorities.”

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services spokesman Jason Holm told FoxNews.com he hopes the reward will convince someone who knows the shooter to come forward.

"I trust the shooter is sleeping poorly tonight, knowing his softball teammates, drinking buddies and family members are currently weighing whether they appreciate him or the ability to receive $10,000 anonymously more," Holm said. "I hope the reward and the truly callous nature of the crime persuade someone to do the right thing.”

Anyone with information can contact the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Special Agent at (509) 928-6050; the Idaho Department of Fish and Game at (208) 769-1414 or the Idaho Citizens Against Poaching Program at (800) 632-5999.

I'm a natural born hunter.

The trick is to be smarter than your prey so some things are well beyond my capability. Rabbits are way out and I look like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits. Of course other things like deer and squirrel don't consider me a threat so I can walk right up to them. (Mebbe that's moose and squirrel) Well, in any case, I'm great with life forms that are definitively beneath me. I pick mosquitos out of the air if they get within 5" of my ear. Even the smartest cockroaches are in extreme danger with me around. Only one ever took two attempts. I was living in a dump in an area infected with the damn things and one late night I came home from work. My MO was to turn on the light, spot the roaches, and dance my way in. One night I almost met my equal. The sucker dropped from the cieling even before the light was fully on and took off in a zig zag to the stove. Within a second I was flying through the air poised to squish him permanently but he zigged and made it to the stove. The next night I had a hunch he'd be in the same place so I flipped on the light as I was flying through the air and got him pretty good. I won, so I was smarter.

The worst one was a damn rabbit. My father gave me permission to murder any varment with big ears that gnawed on his plants. With my trusty 4/ 10 I sallied forth to encounter an unusally large and intelligent beast with floppy damn ears. Little did I know at the time that I had met my match. It didn't seem sporting to murder a rabbit in mid-much so I bade it to show some tail. ...and missed him from 30'. I tracked the rascal to the back yard and thisa time shot while he was sitting and again missed. He seemed a little reluctant to even run by this point since he might have been tiring out but he hopped up and moved another 100' away at which point I missed yet again. This time he figured running was overexertion and might give me some kind of satisfaction so as not encourage me he began walking toward the property line. I'd had never seen a rabbit walk before. I've seen them run and hop but never saunter. By this time I figured this sucker had it. I got up as close as I felt comfortable... ...and missed again. I swear he turned around, looked me square in the eye with his right eye (yeah, yeah, it was on my left) and made a sort of hissing sound that was like a laugh.

I changed my mind and went back home. He learned his lesson though since he never came back.

I'd like to believe the ammunition was bad and his odd behavior could have been the result of having a pellet in him. Yeah, that's the ticket... ...I got the sucker.

I should stickto amphibians, birds, and reptiles. I'm smarter than all of them. Probably.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
works for me...make the poachers extinct.

[Image: tiger-293cs052412.jpg]

AP

NEW DELHI -- A state in western India has declared war on animal poaching by allowing forest guards to shoot hunters on sight in an effort to curb rampant attacks on tigers and other wildlife.

The government in Maharashtra says injuring or killing suspected poachers will no longer be considered a crime.

Forest guards should not be "booked for human rights violations when they have taken action against poachers," Maharashtra Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam said Tuesday. The state also will send more rangers and jeeps into the forest, and will offer secret payments to informers who give tips about poachers and animal smugglers, he said.

No tiger poachers have ever been shot in Maharashtra, though cases of illegal loggers and fishermen being shot have led to charges against forest guards, according to the state's chief wildlife warden, S.W.H. Naqvi.

rest of article:

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/05/24/...Lid=163776

I've long agreed with shooting poachers and this goes triple when they are poaching endangered animals. However there are going to be a few problems with it and they should anticipate and try to ward off such problems before they arise. The most obvious is they need to have film of the poachers in action to assure that there are no murders. Also they need to realize that poachers are going to shoot first (at wardens et al) and ask questions later. This will make it extremely hazardous for anyone at all to be in the region.

They need firepower and they need marksmen. People are the smartest prey of all and you might find yourself the conclusion of a successful hunt. My guess is the score will be one tourist, two wardens, and about ten poachers and that will be the end of poaching for practical purposes. The alternative is that almost all the large animals will be hunted to extinction.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
An enormous cache of deer, elk and moose antlers confiscated from poachers is being auctioned by state wildlife conservation officials in Washington, with the proceeds funding rewards for people who help bring illegal hunters to justice.

Racks from dozens of trophy elks, moose and deer as well as 1,000 pounds of loose antlers - many taken by poachers who left the carcasses of the fallen animals to rot - are expected to raise tens of thousands of dollars at the online auction, which run until June 5 and is being hosted by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.

[Image: antlerpics.jpeg]