Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finger licking good
Spanish golfer Sergio Garcia has apologised to Tiger Woods after comments he made.

Garcia and Woods recently had an argument at a tournament where Garcia accused Woods of riling up the crowd to make noise while he was preparing to take a shot to put him off.

Garcia joked he would ask Woods to dinner to settle the argument and serve him fried chicken.

Woods said the comment was “wrong, hurtful and wholly inappropriate”.

Garcias biggest sponsor TaylorMade-adidas said they were considering their position with the Spaniard saying “we discussed with him that his comments are clearly out of bounds. We are continuing to review the matter”.

So inappropriate comment? Or big fuss over nothing?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Big fuss over nothing

[Image: woodssad.jpg]

Meh, it's not the first time Sergio has directed a wisecrack like that at Tiger. They don't like each other & people deal with dislike in different ways, of course the media is right there to make sure it gets extensive air time. I don't think it's the big deal that's it's being presented as but it is unprofessional and sour grapes, it makes Sergio look like a twat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Some Europeans seem to have a blind spot where race is concerned. In this day and age if you are a public figure you have to watch what you say because the media are always poised to shine the spotlight on you if you slip up even slightly.

I don't think Garcia meant to cause any harm or offence but he should have realised the comment could be taken the wrong way as racial stereotyping.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Professional Athletes need to act more responsibly and set an example for the young people who admire them.
He is so sincere, (his hat speaks volumes)

[Image: ll-1.jpg]
(05-23-2013, 07:43 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
He is so sincere, (his hat speaks volumes)

[Image: ll-1.jpg]

Ha ha! It doesn't really surprise me black players still have to suffer the outrage of having to put up with monkey chants from some sections of the crowd during Spanish La Liga football matches. There are also problems with racist chanting in Italy and worst of all in Eastern Europe.

The supporters group of a Russian football club recently issued a statement saying they didn't want any non-white or gay footballers playing for their club.
This is more about Sergio wanting to be mentioned and kept in the news.

Since he doesn't win very often, it's the only press he can get.
Sergio has always been Tiger's bitch.

He has constantly choked in the clutch (except in Ryder Cup play).

He knew damn well what he was implying when he made the fried chicken comment.

I personally am glad that Tiger's back and playing so well. He's good for the game.
I like KFC but only eat it once or twice a year. And I love watermelon. Should I be black today or white with the internet I could be Asian ...I guess, if I have to be. This should be a non-issue.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
European golf tour chief executive George O'Grady has apologised for using the racially insensitive word “coloured” in an interview defending Sergio Garcia.

O'Grady described many of Garcias friends as being “coloured athletes”.

His remarks came as he tried to mitigate the Spaniards “fried chicken” comment about Tiger Woods.

A remorseful O'Grady said “I deeply regret using an inappropriate word in a live interview for sky sports for which I unreservedly apologise”.
(05-24-2013, 01:18 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: European golf tour chief executive George O'Grady has apologised for using the racially insensitive word “coloured” in an interview defending Sergio Garcia.

O'Grady described many of Garcias friends as being “coloured athletes”.

His remarks came as he tried to mitigate the Spaniards “fried chicken” comment about Tiger Woods.

A remorseful O'Grady said “I deeply regret using an inappropriate word in a live interview for sky sports for which I unreservedly apologise”.

hah

It just gets better and better. It is being overblown but Sergio and now George are clearly idiots.

ETA: Although, I've heard the term "people of color" used periodically in the media/politics and nobody seems terribly bothered by that as far as I know.
Commando Cunt Queen
I think it goes back to the pre civil rights days in the American south.

You know signs saying “no coloureds” and “non coloureds only”.

“Coloured” is just an archaic word in my opinion.

I notice a lot of the older folks around here use the term colored. It's never used in a derogatory way. I think it has to do with the generation they grew up in.
(05-24-2013, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I notice a lot of the older folks around here use the term colored. It's never used in a derogatory way. I think it has to do with the generation they grew up in.

My mom still calls people "Orientals". There are a lot of Orientals where she lives. I know, JB, it's astonishing that I ever moved away. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-24-2013, 12:41 PM)username Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My mom still calls people "Orientals". There are a lot of Orientals where she lives. I know, JB, it's astonishing that I ever moved away. Smiley_emoticons_slash

We still call them "chinks" around here. But I'm "whitebread" to them so we're even. I'm comfortable in my skin.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-24-2013, 12:41 PM)username Wrote: I know, JB, it's astonishing that I ever moved away. Smiley_emoticons_slash

hah
(05-24-2013, 12:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: We still call them "chinks" around here. But I'm "whitebread" to them so we're even. I'm comfortable in my skin.

Technically you are a “gweilo” Cantonese for “ghost man”.

The chinese apply it to any foreigner who doesn't do the things they do like eating anything that moves, staring and spitting on the floor.
(05-24-2013, 12:41 PM)username Wrote: My mom still calls people "Orientals". There are a lot of Orientals where she lives. I know, JB, it's astonishing that I ever moved away. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Well, it explains the fetish at least. hah
(05-24-2013, 12:58 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Technically you are a “gweilo” Cantonese for “ghost man”.

The chinese apply it to any foreigner who doesn't do the things they do like eating anything that moves, staring and spitting on the floor.

And how the freakin pumpkin would you know that?! As you say it's Cantonese, thereby mainly around the Hong Kong area as well as a small village in the south of Kuala Lumpur, so far from "Chinese". And if they stare at you it's because they are amazed by your most wondrous looks that are clearly contradicting their believes in Fung Shui.

Regarding racial issues I just follow one of the wisest man on the planet, Steve Colbert. I don't believe in race, be it black, yellow or whatever other colour there might be, and their stereotyping. I just treat everybody like they are white and all is well.