Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2015 trivial drivel thread
(10-22-2015, 08:59 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: This happened Monday up North of here. I read about it then. The article was pretty vague, they gave no indications that the man had been injured, only that he was found face down in the water after being missing for a period of time. The park folks tracked down the 12 foot gater that had been spotted twice the day before and killed it. Apparently the guy and his party did not know about a 12 gater being spotted, or the closing of the swimming area the day before. A 12 foot gater is Huge and definitely a menace to people in the water so he had to go. There will probably be some law suits over this one

Ignorance is no excuse....and why the hell didn't they just tranquilize the damn thing and move it? Money, I imagine (although some wild care group would probably donate for that cause).

That and the dog getting shot for no damn reason...pisses me off.
Commando Cunt Queen

Adele gives me goosebumps.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-23-2015, 08:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Adele gives me goosebumps.

She's OK but after an hour she becomes tedious. Like that girl Sade.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I submitted an app to volunteer at our local humane society. I have to go through a volunteer orientation and then I'll probably be shoveling shit or cleaning Guinea pig cages for awhile but I don't care. I'm looking forward to it but the hardest part will be resisting the urge to turn my home in to a zoo. I did say I'd do some fostering though.
Commando Cunt Queen

Is it a no kill shelter, User? I ask because you may find parts of your work very difficult given your love for animals.
Those kill shelters piss me off. I know they have a job to do but damn.
The newest fur baby we have came from a kill shelter in Miami Dade Florida. Poor little thing still has problems that I am sure fall back on her time in that hell hole.
Check out Dogs On The Move , that is a program that is rescuing dogs from that shelter and transporting them to other parts of the country for adoption. They have a FB page also.
Jethro came from a kill shelter in Kentucky. The shelter in NY takes in dogs from a bunch of kill shelters on the east coast. Jethto is a love bug but very protective of the family and he doesn't like men. Any dude that comes over and Jethro will go after them. It takes him a long time to warm up to people. We think he was abused in the KY shelter.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
crap
(10-24-2015, 06:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Is it a no kill shelter, User? I ask because you may find parts of your work very difficult given your love for animals.

Oh yeah. I couldn't work in one otherwise. It would be heart breaking every damn day I imagine.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-24-2015, 07:18 AM)F.U. Wrote: Those kill shelters piss me off. I know they have a job to do but damn.
The newest fur baby we have came from a kill shelter in Miami Dade Florida. Poor little thing still has problems that I am sure fall back on her time in that hell hole.
Check out Dogs On The Move , that is a program that is rescuing dogs from that shelter and transporting them to other parts of the country for adoption. They have a FB page also.

I agree. It's hardly a "shelter" if they're euthanizing animals left and right. I get it though...there just isn't enough room for all the unwanted animals. :( I'll check out that site. I donate here/there but helping furry things is my favorite.

(10-24-2015, 08:25 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Jethro came from a kill shelter in Kentucky. The shelter in NY takes in dogs from a bunch of kill shelters on the east coast. Jethto is a love bug but very protective of the family and he doesn't like men. Any dude that comes over and Jethro will go after them. It takes him a long time to warm up to people. We think he was abused in the KY shelter.

That's what happened with my dog too. She was in another county and our local shelter took her in to prevent her from being euthanized. Sad. Maybe next time I adopt an animal I'll get one straight from one of those horrid places.
Commando Cunt Queen
I have an injured squirrel in a box in my car. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
Coven having a meeting tonight?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-24-2015, 05:12 PM)username Wrote: I have an injured squirrel in a box in my car. Smiley_emoticons_slash

What are you going to do with it? Will a vet see a squirrel? How is it injured? Is it panting? Sorry! Now I'm worried about a squirrel thousands of miles away.
(10-24-2015, 05:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: Coven having a meeting tonight?

28 Shit. That was funny.
Ha ha! It got hit by a car in front of me so I annoyed a shit load of cars behind me and finally got a rag (to grab him with) and a box. I brought him to a wildcare center that's fortunately only about 25 mins from me. Chucky (I named him of course) looked somewhat ok except his back leg was broken I'm pretty sure.

Interesting...this is another place I could volunteer although I'm sure they have to put a lot of animals down. They had donation signs listing the cost to them of various services they provide. Full care/rehab was listed at $200 so I left $200 poorer with the expectation that Chucky will get good care, lol. It's a good cause; I brought a bird here once too. Back to my regularly scheduled activities. Sheesh.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-24-2015, 05:49 PM)username Wrote: I brought him to a wildcare center that's fortunately only about 25 mins from me.

I love that you care about the animals and will be their voice in time of need.

I acknowledged how cheesy that sounded and called myself a cornball but I had to go back and edit because I typed cheeseball instead and made myself laugh.

I love that I have nothing to do on a Saturday night. Smiley-rolling-joint

I hope whatever y'all are doing is just what you want to do too.

*sigh* Cheesy.
Duchess is a big ole softy! I always knew it.
Ya' know what fries my chops? I'm giving the driver that hit it the benefit of the doubt but if they knew and didn't stop regardless? FUCKERS!
Commando Cunt Queen
I've hit a squirrel or two before and thought to myself "shit, that poor fucker" but I didn't stop to help it out. I didn't mean to hit it and I tried to avoid it, but the damn things just run out in front of you. What am I supposed to do, pull over and give it CPR? If I hit a dog or cat I'd stop, but I draw the line at rodents.
(10-24-2015, 06:39 PM)sally Wrote: I've hit a squirrel or two before and thought to myself "shit, that poor fucker" but I didn't stop to help it out. I didn't mean to hit it and I tried to avoid it, but the damn things just run out in front of you. What am I supposed to do, pull over and give it CPR? If I hit a dog or cat I'd stop, but I draw the line at rodents.

You suck.

For sure if I hadn't stopped in the middle of the road effectively blocking traffic, Chucky would have been hit again within moments. The purpose of stopping is to figure out if the damn rodent might survive and if so to at least get it out of the road.

Stupid redneck hausfrau.
Commando Cunt Queen