Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme
Cracker: If we privatize Social Security, who pays for all the people who have never worked a day in their life? Or for the people too fat to work? Or too drunk to work? Or too crazy to work? I bet those fuckers would find jobs.

Hair: I agree with this point. Take away the pay-off for doing nothing and people will generally do something. I feel the same way about welfare mothers. Quit paying money for each baby and those that have turned baby-making into their sole income source will stop reproducing year after year.

Cracker: This is evil, but I don't think we should pay Social Security benefits to spouses who were housewives/househusbands. Tough shit for you. You are used to "two can live as cheaply as one." Stick to it until you croak.

Hair: If a spouse dies and still has money in his/her retirement account (whether it be SS, 401k or private investment), I think it should go to the surviving spouse or child(ren). It was money the deceased person worked for and contributed out of his/her earnings, no way should the government or the investment company get to snag the money. imo. While both spouses are still living, I can see not issuing a spousal SS check when the younger reaches the minimum age - one check per household.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme - by twistofcain - 09-20-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: Social Security - The Fed's Ponzi Scheme - by HairOfTheDog - 09-22-2011, 02:35 AM