Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I know I'm always bitching about this...
(12-08-2011, 10:04 PM)Cracker Wrote: Not one living black person today had "slave parents" unless they came directly from Africa.

You aren't getting that I am talking about the predictable, natural byproduct of long-term enslavement followed by long-term discrimination only partially remedied through civil rights laws a mere handful of decades ago. Are you sincerely surprised by how that lot turned out?

Why or why not are you surprised? You seem to be acting like their history has sprung a surprise entrenchment of negative traits upon you. You seem to be acting like you just can't believe the people who relatively recently came from those who had to sit in the back of the bus and be sanctioned to poverty from a lack of good jobs are not performing as the chronically advantaged, so I am curious as to why you are so surprised. Is it because you expect widespread inequality, abuse, and discrimination to be all cleared up and nice in 2 generations? 3 generations? Tell me how long "Cracker" expects an entire race of people with grandparents and even parents that were without real widespread educational or occupational opportunities to perform just as well as those who held power and resisted their progress?

It was only 50 years ago that normal people had to force the racist assholes to be decent to Blacks through civil rights laws. That means it may have been perfectly legal to fuck over some of today's grandmas or grandpas because of their skin color. That would obviously cement in bad tracks for many of today's Black parents being that only a generation or two back from them, the entire Country was comfortable denying jobs or education to anyone Black.

Apparently, you wanted better results, quicker. Just what is your deadline for enslavement followed by oppression followed by discrimination, then total group success? Hmm? Give me the magic formula in years so that all future oppressed people can know how to get an A on your exam.
86 112

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I'm always bitching about this... - by Middle Finger - 12-08-2011, 10:24 PM