Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I know I'm always bitching about this...
Back to Cracker's original problem about her real estate value sinking. I can relate big time. spouse and i are just two working stiffs, husb wears a hard hat to work every day...before the economy tanked we cashed in our 401K's, to buy a beach cottage (ocean isle beach, nc)...it was escalating in value at a phenomenal rate. we also sold our family home in the city where we work and live in a tiny bungalow to be able to do it.

soon as we bought it, economy tanks. now it is worth $250,000 - $300,000 LESS THAN what we paid for it and are still paying faithfully our mortgage every month. sucks big time, but i tell myself we knew it was a risk when we got it. we knew we never could afford to live in it permanently and were planning on selling it in a few yrs after enjoying it and making a bundle. yeah right. all i can say is everyday i have to tell myself, we're all healthy, that's what's impt...and oh well, shit happens.

what i'm trying to say is i hear ya cracker and it sucks big time. we've thought about walking away from it but have so much in it that we'd loose everything.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I'm always bitching about this... - by pspence - 12-09-2011, 10:41 AM