Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I know I'm always bitching about this...
(12-15-2011, 02:53 PM)Middle Finger Wrote:
(12-15-2011, 11:34 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Discrimination did persist in some places in this country well past the civil war and on into the 1960's, in some places, not a foot deep and coast to coast. For the most part in this country they were free to go do whatever they wanted, get a free education, get a job, buy a house..I grew up in Dallas and East Texas, there the "African Americans" had many more advantages than I did (white trash) They got welfare for nothng, drove better cars and dressed better than I did. Yet still acted like niggers in school and on he street and here they are today running around with their pants hanging off their ass, a mop head on their head and 3 gold teef and make out like they are down trodden by whitey that won't give them a job. As with all generalizations this one has exceptions and I know a lot of them. They are not the ones that anyone has a problem with. Same now as always, pos house with 2 cabbillacs in front, one with 22" wheels, looking for the welfare check in the mailbox

In plenty of areas people still didn't want to hire, rent to, loan money to, do business with, etc. Black people well after the 1960s. Whites as a whole in America never had to go through that, not even including a mentality born out of slavery.

All I am saying is what we are witnessing in the Black community is not some inherent flaw of dark skin, but a reasonable and even predictable ramification of their history.

You have a choice. Pretend having dark skin makes you worse at recovering from slavery then wholesale discrimination ... or understand that Blacks are having a hard time snapping out of their entrenched mentality due to their past.

Credit history does seem to influence people these days.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I'm always bitching about this... - by IMaDick - 12-15-2011, 03:00 PM