Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I know I'm always bitching about this...
(12-21-2011, 10:06 AM)Middle Finger Wrote: I think that may be concerning the fact that there have been numerous unlawful foreclosures for a variety of reasons, and that the treatment of minorities and members of the Armed Services has been particularly ugly. Apparently, many are not getting the same due process, grace period, or consideration they are supposed to. Apparently, there are many lenders that have been incorrectly or hastily foreclosing against the conditions set forth in the documentation, such as a soldier being killed or put on extended duty.

I read some of the complaints from different organizations. For military, they are protected by the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act (can't foreclose on them while they are on active duty unless they signed a waiver).

The groups representing minorities are claiming several different "laws":

1.) Complaints against predatory lending. They are complaining now that the government/mortgage companies lowered the standards so black people could buy homes and then didn't pay for them. Of course they don't blame the people who bought the houses (and they don't mention white people who did this, just the blacks and sometimes Hispanics, mostly blacks).

2.) Obama signed a law that is usually a state power (Dick is right about feds trying to usurp the power of the states) regarding tenant situations. Of course, again, they only mention black people, although I am sure white people are involved in this too. They are saying a tenant should have the right to regular eviction processes when the house they are living in is foreclosed (the 90 day thing).

3.) Some are quoting some United Nations legislation from 1965, the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD), that really has nothing to do with black people not paying for their own houses.

I think, as far as I can tell, the big stink is because companies won't modify mortgages as much as they say they will. I agree on this point. If anybody bought a home in the last ten years that an appraiser inflated, they should get a modification to an amount closer to the actual value. I think some minorities get to do that, and I have NO IDEA why they just don't do that for everybody. THAT is discrimination to me. Why leave out whitey?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I'm always bitching about this... - by Cracker - 12-21-2011, 02:24 PM