Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are You Cheap, Merely Thrifty, or Lavishishly Irresponsible with Money?
I guess I'm "merely thrifty". I don't buy much, though I was a bit more lavish when I had much more money. Not at all interested in name brands or trends. I do my own nails and most often my own hair. I don't buy clothes unless it's for a special event. If I start to gain or lose too much weight (happens, natural fluctuator), I address it before my clothes stop fitting.

For the house, I mostly buy second hand because I like to tweak things and experiment a little to make them my own without spending much. I drive a very banged up pick up truck which I keep running well because it's paid off and cars get hit all of the time trying to park here; I don't want to stress about my car when I'm visiting with clients or out with friends. Most of my discretionary income is dedicated to frequent short-distance travel.

I've had a lot of money, and I've also struggled - both within the last 10 years; the money didn't make me happier (but it sure as hell didn't hurt either).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are You Cheap, Merely Thrifty, or Lavishishly Irresponsible with Money? - by HairOfTheDog - 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM