Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Drug mule busted at Spanish airport after having two bags of cocaine implanted
(12-12-2012, 01:44 PM)ESAD Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 01:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I remember reading about drugs being smuggled in a baby's corpse; pretty sure that turned out to be an urban legend.

Thats not an urban legend i saw the photos of the lil'n stitched right up the chest.

Unless there is more than one story with the same details, it's an unsubstantiated story that's been circulating for almost 30 years and was even carried by the Washington Post, who then had to retract it. Could be another one that you're talking about, I guess. I've only ever read about the one.

In the opening paragraph of an article last Monday on crime in Miami, the Washington Post recounted a story that cannot be substantiated. The story, told to a Post reporter several years ago by a Miami undercover agent, involves the smuggling of cocaine into the United States in the body of a dead baby.
Clifton Stallings, a spokesman for the U.S. Customs Service in Miami, said "the story has been in circulation for some time. No one at Customs in Miami can verify it."

– Washington Post, March 30, 1985

(12-12-2012, 04:39 PM)sally Wrote: If you're going to go through all that trouble why not do a clean surgery and give the person something for pain so they're not bent over in agony with fluid leaking out of them.

This makes me think that possibly the lady mule is lying about being forced by traffickers and was operating voluntarily, independently, or on a smaller amateur scale. Experienced traffickers wouldn't be so sloppy as to take such an obvious huge risk. Interesting to see how this story turns out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drug mule busted at Spanish airport after having two bags of cocaine implanted - by HairOfTheDog - 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM