Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3 Missing Ohio Women - Located Alive!
It's great to see Jaycee doing so well, Duchess.

I had mixed feeling about suing the broke state when she'd already had a sizable advance for the book. After suing the state (for failure to adequately supervise her ex-con abductor), she also filed a suit against the federal government for the parolee policies. I don't know what became of that; it kinda fell off the map and she wasn't expected to succeed there.

IDK. I think there should be financial compensation, I just don't know how much is too much. I'm happy for Jaycee and don't begrudge her all of the money; nothing can make up for what she lost. But, I was hoping that such a large settlement would send a message to LE nationwide and motivate a review of policies and improvement in protocols related to house-visits and reports of weird goings-on. I don't think that hope is gonna transform into a reality though.

Anyway, I agree with your post upthread about the Clevleand women needing lawyers and good representation. I bet they have top-notch pros clamoring to get at them as we speak. I think Jaycee's foundation is a good thing and her organization will likely step in and help the Cleveland women navigate the legal process as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 Missing Ohio Women - Located Alive! - by HairOfTheDog - 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM