Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anti-NRA Movie Planned by Harvey Weinstein, Starring Meryl Streep
(01-17-2014, 09:08 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 09:01 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: F.U., would you be able to watch the movie with an open-mind and acknowledge that some truly valid points were made, if in fact that was the case?

I would like to think I would be able to HotD, but my pro gun attitude/lifestyle would probably keep me from being as open minded as I would like to be.

I can understand that, F.U.

From your OP link:

In a column penned by Mediaite.com's Joe Concha titled "Harvey's Hypocrisy," the conservative columnist points out that gun violence is prevalent throughout many of Weinstein's highest grossing films at the box office.

"Pulp Fiction," "Reservoir Dogs," "Django Unchained," "Kill Bill," and "Rambo" are just a few of the films Weinstein has financed over the years, Concha wrote, illustrating the Hollywood producer's "hypocrisy" when it comes to making money for himself and denying law-abiding American citizens their rights.

Interesting bit. If (assuming here) Weinsten doesn't believe that his previously-financed fictional movies have prompted gun violence through glorification, I wonder why he feels so sure that his new anti-gun movie will make Americans wanna throw down their guns and make the NRA wish they weren't alive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti-NRA Movie Planned by Harvey Weinstein, Starring Meryl Streep - by HairOfTheDog - 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM