Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was a "miracle" they survived
Middle Finger Wrote:When someone says it was divine intervention and a "miracle" Person X survived - like, for example, they made it out of the hospital alive and well even though the odds were way against them ... I think that's bullshit. I think that makes it sound like all the other people, kids included, that died or will die were not deemed worthy of a miracle and survival. I think saying God cherry-picks and does miracles to save people like that, even if they were not nicer people than the others, is bullshit. I also don't buy the typical response to that, which is, basically, "God works in mysterious ways." I think that's a cop out.

Your view?

It would be more appropriate to thank the doctors and health professionals who actually saved your life than to bow in supplication to some god for a miracle.
Like I've said before one pair of hands working can do more good than a thousand clasped in prayer.
What really irritates me is when a family member dies young or unexpectedly and the faithful talk about it being "gods will", what a load of shit.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Middle Finger - 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
[No subject] - by OnBendedKnee - 01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
[No subject] - by sally - 01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
[No subject] - by Sinister - 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
[No subject] - by Cynical Ninja - 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM