Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Come out, come out ....wake up lazy bums!!
(07-06-2014, 08:14 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 05:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. I think sally's situation is different

No, you are just being a bitch.

I don't think I'm being a bitch at all, but I'm okay with you seeing it that way.

I really do hope you're good with your situation, aussie. But, it shouldn't shock you to know that I think calling out someone you've known for 30 years (or revealing her identity) because you felt displaced over a lack of invite is just....... you being you. Your friend has changed. My friends have changed over the course of 35 years and so have I. That's healthy, IMO. Some times we're more in synch than others. I don't feel offended when they have other friends who aren't mine, because of their current life circumstances or whatever -- and my friends don't feel like hitting my other friends with a handbag when that happens. I'm not assuming you or your friends here at Mock are wrong. I'm just not assuming that your old friend is wrong and deserved to be called out either. I didn't attend the Oprah "don't blame others, hold them accountable! and never look at yourself" course, though. So, I could be missing critical life skills.

Sally's case is very different, to me. Her friend was there, and then she was gone -- poof -- even though sally never called her out over any real or imagined slight and sally was friends with her through her JW conversion. From what sally just posted, it sounds like it's still a total mystery why the friend pulled a runner. I have no way of knowing why the friend cut sally off, but seems to me maybe it's because sally's not a coddler and the friend has her own doubts about who she married and what's she's doing and knows that sally would tell her the truth for her own good -- even if it hurt her feelings. Or, her friend is now involved with a religion that discourages relationships with non-believers. That's a guess.

As for my friend who completely detached, I suspect that it was something that I said or did (or didn't say or didn't do). It was a time in my life when I wasn't as grounded and solid as usual and I can see her thinking that I let her down because I'd always been kind of a crutch. That's a guess too. I'm okay with it and hope she's well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Come out, come out ....wake up lazy bums!! - by HairOfTheDog - 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM