Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMFORT FOOD
Sally mentioned comfort food and I asked myself what that would be to me and I'm drawing a blank. What is your comfort food?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-26-2024, 10:05 AM)Duchess Wrote: Sally mentioned comfort food and I asked myself what that would be to me and I'm drawing a blank. What is your comfort food?

Hot dogs with swiss cheese, garlic aioli, and maple bourbon pickles.
Banana pudding with Nilla wafers and mashed potatoes and gravy. Not together though.
To me, comfort food is something you don't regularly indulge in unless you're a fat fuck. It's something you can get a bowl of, sit in front of the TV and forget about life for a moment. A lot of people think of ice cream or macaroni and cheese as comfort food.
Yep
Mac and Cheese-tho whenever I make it for myself I almost always regret eating it. Some people here make it so tasty-I could eat theirs anytime.

(06-26-2024, 04:22 PM)sally Wrote: To me, comfort food is something you don't regularly indulge in unless you're a fat fuck. It's something you can get a bowl of, sit in front of the TV and forget about life for a moment. A lot of people think of ice cream or macaroni and cheese as comfort food.

Well then if comfort food is a bowl of something, then I'd consider spicy ramen or  a bowl of New England clam chowder or bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup to be comfort food. 

But since I'm a fat fuck, I consider anything that brings me comfort, joy, happiness and relieves my stress to be comfort food. So I'd also classify steak, sushi, hot dogs, and Chinese food as comfort foods.
(06-26-2024, 04:22 PM)sally Wrote: To me, comfort food is something you don't regularly indulge in unless you're a fat fuck. It's something you can get a bowl of, sit in front of the TV and forget about life for a moment. A lot of people think of ice cream or macaroni and cheese as comfort food.

Well shiiit. I would be pretty fricken delighted to take the entire container of Breyers chocolate ice cream and park my fat ass in front of the TV.
(06-27-2024, 11:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Well shiiit. I would be pretty fricken delighted to take the entire container of Breyers chocolate ice cream and park my fat ass in front of the TV.

A half gallon is a comfortable serving size.
44  Sounds good to me. 

First it was a milkshake I was jonesin' for, now I want some ice cream, a lot of ice cream.

I'm kinda glad I don't have it readily available, not totally, but kinda.
(06-27-2024, 06:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: 44  Sounds good to me. 

First it was a milkshake I was jonesin' for, now I want some ice cream, a lot of ice cream.

I'm kinda glad I don't have it readily available, not totally, but kinda.

I had a  waffle cone filled with a scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough last weekend and it was heavenly and delicious.
It's peach season! I just had some cut up with cottage cheese for dinner, I would consider that comfort food too. Nothing like a cold, juicy Georgia peach.
A bag of Pecan Sandies and a half gallon of milk.
(06-27-2024, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: It's peach season! I just had some cut up with cottage cheese for dinner, I would consider that comfort food too. Nothing like a cold, juicy Georgia peach.

Haven't had cottage cheese and peaches since I was a little kid. Don't know what type of peach they were though. Wtf went wrong? Mom tried to feed us healthy food but oh no I had to come back for second and third helpings like my older brothers. Was a skinny fuck before that.
(06-27-2024, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: It's peach season! I just had some cut up with cottage cheese for dinner, I would consider that comfort food too. Nothing like a cold, juicy Georgia peach.

That sounds so good! I've still got about 4-5 weeks to go before it's peach season here. Nothing like fresh fruit, it's always delicious.

I like cottage cheese too, particularly with my garden salad, I frequently use it like a salad dressing.
(06-27-2024, 09:45 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I had a  waffle cone filled with a scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough last weekend and it was heavenly and delicious.

That makes my mouth drooly just thinking about it.
(06-28-2024, 01:22 AM)rothschild Wrote: A bag of Pecan Sandies and a half gallon of milk.

Oh hell yeah!

It's fun seeing what everyone's idea of comfort food is. 

Ain't nobody sayin' I want me a mess of green beans.   Sarcastic
(06-28-2024, 08:58 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 01:22 AM)rothschild Wrote: A bag of Pecan Sandies and a half gallon of milk.

Oh hell yeah!

It's fun seeing what everyone's idea of comfort food is. 

Ain't nobody sayin' I want me a mess of green beans.   Sarcastic

Definitely not. Green beans set off my gag reflex. Only way I can eat them is with a fuckton of garlic and onion.
PIZZA and a ice cold Pepsi does it for me!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I was thinking about what my pet's comfort food is. For the rabbit it's definitely banana, the dogs love steak, pizza and chips and the cats are just stupid.
(06-28-2024, 08:52 PM)sally Wrote: I was thinking about what my pet's comfort food is. For the rabbit it's definitely banana, the dogs love steak, pizza and chips and the cats are just stupid.

My friend's dog's comfort food is my face and mouth. Closest thing I'll ever come to having a girlfriend.

Brown chicken brown cow.