Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Joe's Crab Shack??
While out today, saw the beginnings of yet another new business and a sign saying Joes Crab Shack coming soon. Anyone been to one? What can I expect? Is it "just a chain" or not half bad since we do not ALL live on the Cape?
actually Maryland is more noted for crabs than the Cape...we have the best lobsters, fish and clams!

[Image: image001.gif]

Attached Files
.gif   stone crab.gif (Size: 13.57 KB / Downloads: 91)
.gif   th3d-crab.gif (Size: 49.73 KB / Downloads: 91)
.gif   clam.gif (Size: 19.54 KB / Downloads: 91)
.gif   lobster.gif (Size: 27.38 KB / Downloads: 91)
.gif   lobster2.gif (Size: 21.03 KB / Downloads: 90)

So, Maryland has crabs?? Can it be treated??

Oops
Since we have a couple I was curious as to if Joe's Crab Shack is a chain
or the name just a coincidence. The link below is a USA map and locations
where JCS's are doing business
. If it is the same as in Miami, you will love
it....I mean, LOVE it.

http://www.joescrabshack.com/locations/default.aspx
i grew up on my Mom's Maryland crab cakes. all meat with a little binder, lightly fried. YUMMY

and Maryland is also famous for fried softshell crabs~~

the blue crab is Maryland's claim to fame.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wolf...by chance are you thinking of Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach? that is ONE of a kind if so. it's world-famous...people line up for blocks during stone crab season. i have their secret dipping sauce recipe. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

We have Joe's Crab Shack in ATL. They sell decent food and terrible t-shirts:

"A crab in the hand is worth two in the bush"

and

"Crab happens"

and

"I got crabs at Joe's"

And they have kid's sizes.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
LC. Yes I AM thinking of Joe's Stone Crab. OH, what magnificent meals
I have had there. Maybe I should go visit my X and make him take me
there. Hee hee. It is indeed not the same as the chain I see. Thanks
for giving me the real name and allowing me the great memories.hah

I have the Chesapeake Bay on one side & the Atlantic Ocean on the other, we have a shit ton of seafood restaurants but I've never heard of Joe's Crab Shack.

I just looked it up & we do have one up in the city.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
IMO, Joes Crab Shack sucks donkey balls. I've never had a good meal there, and for me, the atmosphere is way too loud. I've eaten there 3 times, found them to be overpriced, with small portions, the crab legs I had one time were the sorriest (read small) I've ever seen. The fried things are way too greasy, and the drinks are also very pricey (but gee, you get to keep the glass/plastic cup).
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I can't help but think that the further you {"you" in general} get from the coast the worse your seafood will be.
That's for sure, for my BBQ tonight I wanted to buy fresh halibut (the shit at the grocers is always pretty fishy tasting). We only have one fresh seafood store in town here. I would think that we'd have a better selection, as Alaska really isnt that far.

We do have some decent seafood restaurants (privately owned), but the only chain place I've found that I like is Outback (not a seafood joint), but they have killer king crab legs..
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(05-07-2011, 10:34 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: LC. Yes I AM thinking of Joe's Stone Crab. OH, what magnificent meals
I have had there. Maybe I should go visit my X and make him take me
there. Hee hee. It is indeed not the same as the chain I see. Thanks
for giving me the real name and allowing me the great memories.hah

it's a Miami Beach institution~~
here's their mustard sauce. let it sit in fridge for 24 hours to meld the flavors. i use a lot more dry mustard than recipe suggests.
stone crabs are only legal from October 15 to May 15. one claw is removed from live crab, and they are then put back in water, they grow another one! YAY!
you may as well have some of Joe's Key Lime pie too! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

1 tablespoon Colman's dry mustard, or more to taste,(i use MORE!)
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
1 teaspoon A-1 sauce
2 tablespoons light cream
salt
Preparation
Place the mustard in a mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute.

Add the Worcestershire, A-1, cream, and a pinch of salt and beat until the mixture is well blended and creamy. If you'd like a little more mustardy bite, whisk in 1 teaspoon more dry mustard until well blended. Chill the sauce, covered, until serving.

Do you people know what crabs eat? They are opportunistic feeders, scavengers and feed mostly on carrion. They are the ocean's undertakers.
You could say the same about catfish...but they're still tasty..no matter what they eat.

(05-08-2011, 08:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you people know what crabs eat? They are opportunistic feeders, scavengers and feed mostly on carrion. They are the ocean's undertakers.

Everytime someone mentions that shrimp are the cockroaches of the sea, I can't eat them for months. I have to forget. Lobster and crab are no better. Humans aren't any better, either, but I don't eat humans.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
And when ya get right down to it, wouldnt one assume that when a cow is out in the pasture, grazing away on grass..that it's not ingesting grasses that have been pissed and shit on by other cows?

(05-08-2011, 08:47 AM)Cracker Wrote: shrimp are the cockroaches of the sea

Oh nos..I loves shrimps.

The Joe's crab shack we have here is pretty decent. I don't really care for the cheesy atmosphere, but the seafood is always high quality. We get the crab buckets which have a combination of dungeness, king crab and snow crab and it's more than you can eat. I'd rather go there then buy them from the seafood market and cook it at home, it stinks up the house and makes a big mess with all the shells.
(05-08-2011, 08:53 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh nos..I loves shrimps.

Don't think too hard about the exoskeleton. hahahahahahahaha

(You'll forget this next time the skrimp (Georgia term) smell really good.)