Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Oscars

have you seen any of these?
i understand 'War Horse' is great. and i intend to see 'The Help'.
i always wait for the DVD to come out.
does anyone still go to movie theaters? [Image: attachment.php?aid=6637]

[Image: 120124012117-oscars-statues-story-top.jpg]

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have announced their nominees for the 84th annual Academy Awards. 551919

Best picture [Image: attachment.php?aid=6638]

"War Horse"
"The Artist"
"Moneyball"
"The Descendants"
"The Tree of Life"
"Midnight in Paris"
"The Help"
"Hugo"
"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

Actor

Demian Bichir, "A Better Life"
George Clooney, "The Descendants"
Jean Dujardin, "The Artist"
Gary Oldman, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"
Brad Pitt, "Moneyball"

Actress [Image: attachment.php?aid=6636]

Glenn Close, "Albert Nobbs"
Viola Davis, "The Help"
Rooney Mara, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady"
Michelle Williams, "My Week With Marilyn"

Supporting actor

Kenneth Branagh, "My Week With Marilyn"
Jonah Hill, "Moneyball"
Nick Nolte, "Warrior"
Christopher Plummer, "Beginners"
Max von Sydow "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

Supporting actress

Berenice Bejo, "The Artist"
Jessica Chastain, "The Help"
Melissa McCarthy, "Bridesmaids"
Janet McTeer, "Albert Nobbs"
Octavia Spencer, "The Help"

Director

Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist"
Alexander Payne, "The Descendants"
Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris"
Terrence Malick, "Tree of Life"
Martin Scorsese, "Hugo"

The last movie I saw in the theatre was A Devil Inside. I wish I had that time (and money) back. Yawsnville.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.

I haven't been inside a theater in years, since the 80's.

I'd like to see a couple of those listed, War Horse & The Help...I'm totally into horses and slaves.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Last film I saw at the cinema was Spy Kids 4 with my daughter it was great.........for kids.

I have never taken much notice of the oscars to be honest.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I went to see spy kids 4 and it was in 4D the 4D stood for a scratch and sniff that you would scratch at certain places throughout the movie. It wasn't even in 3D no glasses nothing, plus the movie was lame. The kids liked it but I think it was because they had these cool seats in the theatre. Lots of bathroom humor that was really numbing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have heard that "Extremely Loud..." is rather sappy, but I tend to like sappy so I will probably watch when it shows up on PPV or something.
The last time I was in a theater was over 10 years ago
I haven't been to a theater since I saw the the movie "outbreak"
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

It's really difficult for me to sit still & be quiet for the length of time it takes to watch a film. Smiley_emoticons_slash
The Help was awsome. I loved it.

I am over all these award shows though. It seems like there is one on every week. Then we have to hear all about who went with who and who was wearing what. It gets old.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-24-2012, 12:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's really difficult for me to sit still & be quiet for the length of time it takes to watch a film.

21 Someone understands me!

My husband takes the kids to see a movie pretty much every week and every week he gives me grief for not going too. It doesn't matter if it's a shit movie, he's totally content watching anything with a giant bucket of popcorn and a coke.

I did go see War Horse. I thought it was good but I'm a little suprised that it's up for best picture. However, since I haven't seen any of the others, I guess I can't really compare.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-24-2012, 02:15 PM)username Wrote: 21 Someone understands me!

Yeah, I do, it took me a whole weekend to watch Blind Side. 78

The Blind Side - another awsome movie.
(01-24-2012, 03:02 PM)ramseycat Wrote: The Blind Side - another awsome movie.

And another opportunity for you to show your spelling skills or lack thereof no doubt.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Geesh Dick, find something to do will ya? You must have something to do other than check for spelling errors.
(01-24-2012, 03:24 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Geesh Dick, find something to do will ya? You must have something to do other than check for spelling errors.

Do you know any good looking "free" single moms ?

John Adams

(01-24-2012, 03:35 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 03:24 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Geesh Dick, find something to do will ya? You must have something to do other than check for spelling errors.

Nope. Besides you are married.
Maggottyboo is married too. 17

the last time i was in a movie theater was 1997, to see 'Titanic'. i couldn't wait for the DVD. it was a little movie house down in the Keys.
like Duchess, i can't sit still and confined, in a group of people especially. i need to watch at home so i can smoke and take a break. hah

(01-24-2012, 03:53 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 03:35 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

Nope. Besides you are married.

So is Maggot, so what's you're point?

John Adams

I only make an exception for Maggot. Not for Dick.

LC, did you see the Titanic is being released to theates in 3D? I am so there. My SIL and I already have plans to see it.
I just heard about this movie on the news; apparently it's getting rave reviews at Sundance and mentioned as a possible Oscar contender for 2013.

I can.not.imagine...

The Surrogate is the true story of Mark O’Brien (John Hawkes), a California-based journalist relegated to a gurney and iron lung because of disabling polio. At the age of 38, he’s still a virgin and, with the blessing of his priest (William H. Macy), Mark hires a sex surrogate (Helen Hunt) to remedy the problem.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-surrogate-2...ance-2012/

CNN interviewed the woman who was his surrogate. She was interesting (and I mean that in a good way). I think she was very pretty when she was younger and she was surprisingly professional. She only takes clients that are referred by therapists, they have to work with a sex therapist while working with her, she coordinates treatment with the therapist etc.

Dick, maybe you should give her a call!!! She might help you find the clit!
Commando Cunt Queen