Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NFL 2012 SEASON
Ha Ha!! Good answer.
I try NFL topics on an international forum and like white on rice, there is always a gloomy Brit ready to say "American Football is boring" or "Why do they call it football?"

Yes, I almost wish we just stuck with Gridiron so we could be spared the inane, obvious, repetitive responses of these gloomy island, fog breathing soccer fans.

Ha, don't mean to section you out, good folks of the U.K. Australians are equally as annoying with their "Footy" talk.

I will be here all week, please take good care of your waiters & waitresses. Try the Veal, and let me school those who think Footy or Rugby is as hard hitting as NFL football.
(10-12-2012, 05:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Suh, the most dirty player in all of the NFL plays for Detroit. I sure hope my guys can keep that muthafucka contained.

Suh tried to put Jay Cutler of the Bears on the 'physically unable to perform' injury list last night.

He definitely has intent to injure when he gets the chance.
(09-17-2012, 01:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(09-17-2012, 12:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Did anyone see the guy from Washington throw the football at the other player like a little kid having a fit? Hahaha. He was pissed & frustrated, I think it probably cost them the game.

I have one day to be smug & gloat, I'm going to take advantage of it.

That was pretty funny, and it DID cost them the game. Pushed their potential tying FG try from 47 to 62 yards.

Mike Shanahan, the Skins' coach, will try to find a way to cut that guy this week. I guarantee it.

Well, in fact, the Skins DO have a new place-kicker.

God, you're brilliant!
Another week of 'half right, half wrong' as I went 6-6-1 ATS, bringing my season record to 50-49-5.

4 AFC squad's get the week off, BALT, BUFF, CINCY & HOU.

We're nearing the mid-point of the season, and last year's champs seem to be getting better with each week. Yes, the Giants look to me like they're prepping for a repeat performace at the Super Bowl.

However, the nice thing about the NFL is that in two weeks, the wheels could've fallen off their cart, and we could be talking about how horrible NY looks.

Tonight's Game:
MINNESOTA (-6.5) The Vikings defense is carrying them. At 5-2, they already have more wins than the experts thought they'd have for the entire season. Tampa's defense is suspect, and is just what the Dr. ordered for struggling Minny QB Christian Ponder. Look for a big Vikes win!

Sunday:
New England (-7) Game vs. St.Louis being played in London. Last week's close call against the Jets went NE's way, and the Rams just don't have enough offensively to hang with Brady & Co.
TENNESSEE (-3.5) Have the Titans turned the corner? This is a very winnable game against Indy that could get TENN back to .500. It'll be close, but Chris Johnson looks rejuvinated and will get the Titans over the hump here.
GREEN BAY (-16) Unbelievable. The Packers are laying 16 here, but I'm going to take them. Jax has their starting QB and RB Maurice Jones-Drew sitting this one out with injuries. GB smells blood and I think this one'll get ugly.
CLEVELAND (+2.5) I'm taking the Browns as the home underdog here. San Diego hasn't played since blowing that 24-point lead against Denver and I think mentally they're shot.
PHILLY (-2.5) Everytime I think the Eagles are going to put things together, they disappoint me. Atlanta is the league's last undefeated squad. Two things I like here: Andy Reid is 13-0 in his career as a head coach coming off the bye week, and Mike Vick wants to stick it to his old club.
DETROIT (-2) The Lions are simply too good to keep losing games. They are so talented it's amazing to me how they their offense cannot generate points. Seattle has been playing above their heads, and their rookie QB has terrible numbers on the road.
Miami (+2) This series between the Dolphins and Jets has been largely road-team dominated. The Jets squeaked one out in MIA earlier, and I see the fish paying them back this week.
Carolina (+7.5) I'm not sure the Panthers can win this, but I sure see them being 'in' it all the way to the finish. CAR fired their GM this week because Cam Newton wanted something changed. Let's see if it worked.
Washington (+4.5) RGIII is gaining confidence week by week. The Skins' defense, however, remains vulnerable to a good passing game. PITT presents a real problem at home, but WASH has already played well in hostile environments. UPSET OF THE WEEK.
Oakland (+1.5) The Chiefs are pretty bad, and starting Brady Quinn at QB, unfortunatley for them, is not going to fix their multitude of problems. The Raiders have won at Arrowhead A LOT in recent years, and that won't change here.
DALLAS (-1) The Giants roll into Dallas as the league's newest 'hottest' team. Everything says they should pound the 'Boys this week, but I've got a feeling that Romo plays out of his mind, and somehow they pull this one out.
New Orleans (+6) Should be a shootout at Mile High Stadium between Brees and Manning. Last time these guys met was the Saints' SB win over the Colts. I think this one comes down to a late FG, with DEN pulling it out.

Monday Night:
ARIZONA (+7) The Niners come into this one banged up and lacking confidence in Alex Smith. The one thing the Cards have proven so far this year, is that they CAN play defense. This'll be another one decided by a late score. I'll say AZ in a mild upset.
(10-25-2012, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Yes, the Giants look to me like they're prepping for a repeat performace at the Super Bowl.

Off with your head!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-24-2012, 05:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(09-17-2012, 01:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: That was pretty funny, and it DID cost them the game. Pushed their potential tying FG try from 47 to 62 yards.

Mike Shanahan, the Skins' coach, will try to find a way to cut that guy this week. I guarantee it.

Well, in fact, the Skins DO have a new place-kicker.

God, you're brilliant!

hah

I wish I cared more about baseball. Go Giants? Yawn
(10-25-2012, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Oakland (+1.5) The Chiefs are pretty bad, and starting Brady Quinn at QB, unfortunatley for them, is not going to fix their multitude of problems. The Raiders have won at Arrowhead A LOT in recent years, and that won't change here.

As the bile rises up, I unfortunately have to agree with you. Oakland is our most hated rival, and I think they are going to stomp all over us.

I even heard that KC fans are so pissed about our season, they are planning to wear black to Sunday's game. NOT to support Oakland, but as a "blackout" to show how disappointed they are by the lack of caring from the powers that be.
Ya know, for seven weeks I refused to 'truly' believe in my Vikings. Sure, they were a nice story coming off of a 3-13 season, but many fans we're skeptical as the wins began piling up.

I finally swallowed their story hook, line and sinker, as they headed into their nationally televised game last night. I figured they'd bury an average Bucs club by at least 14.

Funny thing about MN sports teams. They like to wait until you've re-fallen in love with them to RIP your heart out.

The Vikes were thoroughly dominated, yes DOMINATED, in every facet of the game last night. Offensively, they were putrid, defensively, they couldn't get a stop when needed (and Tampa's rookie running back looked like Walter Payton). Special Teams was also outplayed.

So, in reality, last night's Vikings are who we originally thought they were at the beginning of the season.

Yuk.

My team is playing like poop. Muthafuckas. 16

Poop. Jesus Christ.

MS, did you see what the Steelers were wearing today? hah
(10-28-2012, 05:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Poop. Jesus Christ.

MS, did you see what the Steelers were wearing today? hah

I've got a feeling the Skins dropped so many balls today because they were distracted by the bullshit the Steelers were wearing.

Why the fuck would any team CHOOSE to wear that? I get the whole 'throwback' retro thing, but there are some uniforms that should never see the light of day again.
I'm all for a good cause and everything but the pink gloves are grinding on my eyeballs.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Tonight's pick:

SAN DIEGO (-8)
(11-01-2012, 10:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Tonight's pick:

SAN DIEGO (-8)

Surprise, Surprise!!!

I am starting to be sad about being a Chiefs fan. I refuse to give them anymore money. If I get tickets (MIL's company has season tickets), I will go...but will not give them any money. I live close enough to Arrowhead that I can walk, or have MIL drop us off in front of the stadium of the main road. We have walked it plenty. $27 to park is fucking asinine!!!

My team is falling apart. We suck. 21
@nrkerr... Looks like you Chiefs fans are experiencing what Vikes fans have gone through the past couple of years.

$27 for parking? That seems unbelievable.

With teams able to turn things around in this league so quickly, the key in today's NFL is having a GM and coaching staff that can draft effectively, and know which free agents to sign and who to let go.

Hang in there.

Any Steelers fans in here? Please, please, please kick some New York Giant's ass today.
Today's picks:
Minnesota (+4) at SEATTLE
Denver at CINCINNATI (+4)
Arizona (+10.5) at GREEN BAY
Miami (-2.5) at INDIANAPOLIS
Baltimore (-3,5) at CLEVELAND
Buffalo (+10) at HOUSTON
Carolina at WASHINGTON (-3.5)
Detroit at JACSONVILLE (+4.5)
Chicago at TENNESSEE (+3.5)
Tampa Bay at OAKLAND (-1.5)
Pittsburgh at NY GIANTS (-3)
Dallas at ATLANTA (-4)

Monday:
Philadelphia (+3) at NEW ORLEANS

Game day! Wooo!

Fly Eagles Fly. E-A-G-L-E-S!

[Image: sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-e.gif] My team lost for the 5th straight time. Woe is me.