Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump for president
(11-03-2016, 03:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 06:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If the Dems take back the senate... how did Billy Joel sing it back in 1977?

You can pay Uncle Sam with the overtime.

Is that all you get for your money?

Tax, spend, tax, spend, tax...

I think there's a good chance of the Democrats taking back control of the Senate and I sure hope they do.

Several of the 24 Senate Republican incumbents up for re-election are going to lose to their Democratic challengers and the 10 Democrat incumbents up for re-election are all going to keep their seats, no doubt about it, in my opinion.

Currently, the Senate is split 54 / 46 in favor of Republicans. The Democrats have a real shot at winning 4 of the current Republican seats, maybe more. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and Nevada look like real possibilities for Democratic challengers. I see a lot of talk about Rubio losing Florida, but I think he's safe, personally.

If the Dems win 5 or more of current Republican seats, regardless of who's elected President, they'll take over the Senate majority.

If the Dems win 4 and Hillary is elected, majority goes to the Democrats, with Kaine being the tie-breaker. If the Dems win 4 and Trump is elected, majority stays with the Republicans, with Pence as the tie-breaker.

I wish the Democrats had a shot at 60 Senate seats or more to prevent the possibility of Republican senators obstructing a full Supreme Court if Clinton is elected, but don't think there's any way in hell that's gonna happen.

Anyway, according to the plans they've put forth, you might see less spending and debt under a Clinton presidency than a Trump presidency, regardless of which party rules the Senate.

Trump wants to cut everyone's taxes from where they are today and expand some areas of government bigly, which would substantially increase the debt. The latest iteration of his proposal says he'll cut 70% of economic regulations to help cover the deficit. I don't think that's realistic, personally, and most non-partisan economists agree that Trump's plans will be worse for the country fiscally than Clinton's. What he's proposed is definitely 'outside' existing Republican and Conservative conventional wisdom.

Clinton wants to keep taxes about the same for everyone but the top 10% (who'd see tax hikes), expand some areas of government, pay for those expansions and maybe some of the current debt with the increased taxes, and either leave a large portion of the existing debt about where it is or pay it down in some currently unspecified way (I haven't seen debt reduction addressed succinctly by either Clinton or Trump so far).
Apparently that is only half true.
Clinton's proposal is to pay for her expansion plans with increased tax revenues generated under her administration. It does not address or cover current debt/interest or other existing costs outside of her proposals/control. That's what I posted and is 'true', Gunnar.

Her statement at ASU and during the debates, on the other hand, doesn't make any stipulation about costs outside of those related to her own proposals. So, the fact-checker rates her statement, "my plans won't add a penny to the current debt" as half-true, which is fair enough, in my opinion.
(11-03-2016, 02:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Trump University was a scam!

Approximately 10,000 graduates of Trump University were thrilled with the program and said so in writing. But a law firm that paid Hillary and Bill Clinton $675,000 for three speeches managed to find a handful of disgruntled students to be the named plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit against it.

Trump University wasn't a real university. It's was one of those make your fortune in real estate without using your own money schemes . . . err . . . strategies.

You know the type . . . a free . . . $1,500 value, limited seating seminar, hosted by "real estate and self made millionaire what's his name", conducted in hotels near airports.

Those thirty minute infomercials, as seen on TV.

Before the real estate crash, these seminars touted multi-purchase investing.

After the crash . . . foreclosures, flips and rentals.

And now they've added tax liens into the mix.

Mostly based on a "Right of First Refusal Contract".

And the "secret" is always the same . . . credit card limit increase and borrowing maneuvers AND the need for continued (read expensive) training/course materials for success.

And then an intimidating closer . . . reminiscent of a timeshare sales manager . . . demanding immediate payment before you leave . . . usually on your first break.

It's the Scientology of get-rich-quick real estate investing.

All anyone needed to do was walk away and dream of what might have been if only they shelled out anywhere between $5,000 - $30,000.

I don't know if this scam netted Trump as much as Paula Jones received, from a settlement, due to Bill's dick parade.

But I do know more people lost more money due to Whitewater, than Trump U.

Hillary's scam was way better than Trump's.

I'll give credit where credit is due.
(11-03-2016, 02:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: For BBH:
(1) Eleven years ago, Trump said on a secretly recorded tape that celebrities can do anything — even grab a woman’s p*ssy.

Hillary, born-again Victorian virgin, campaigns with Beyonce, who performs a duet with the words “curvalicious, p*ssy served delicious.”

Hillary is thrilled to have the support of Madonna — who has publicly offered to give blow jobs to anyone who votes for Hillary. (She’ll even remove her teeth!)

Hillary’s campaign has deployed Miley Cyrus to canvas for her — when Cyrus is not busy inviting men in the audience to reach up and grab her p*ssy. (Here’s a video of delicate flower Miley Cyrus in action.)

When Vernon Jordan was asked by CBS’ Mike Wallace what he talked about while golfing with Bill Clinton — aka Hillary’s husband — he answered: “P*ssy.”

Oh, and 11 years before Teddy Kennedy ran for president as the Conscience of the Democratic Party — he killed a girl. After grabbing her p*ssy.

(2) Trump’s a sexual predator!

Hillary’s husband is a well-established rapist, groper and pants-dropper. She’s his fixer.

Unlike the serial predations of her husband, leveled repeatedly throughout the decades, the timing of these 11th-hour allegations against Trump make them highly suspect.

Recall that The New York Times spent months investigating Trump’s treatment of women earlier this year. The Newspaper of Record put its best reporters on the job, interviewed a dozen women, and the paper splashed the story on its front page. But the best the Times could come up with was a story about Trump, as a bachelor, publicly praising a model for looking great in a bikini at his pool party. Then they dated. The horror.

Five months later, just days before the election, there doesn’t seem to be a female Democrat who isn’t claiming to have been groped by Trump — and getting loads of fawning publicity.

(3) Trump doesn’t give enough to charity.

The media only counts “charitable giving” if it can be taken as a tax deduction with the IRS. When Trump spent time and money saving a Georgia family farm from foreclosure in the 1980s, for example, he didn’t get any tax write-off.

Hillary, by contrast, was a big philanthropist because, at about the same time, she was taking a deduction for donations of Bill’s used underwear — the modern equivalent of smallpox-laden blankets. Today, the munificent Clinton Foundation spends less than 10 percent of its revenues on actual charity, using about 90 percent for salaries, offices and travel.

(4) Several of Trump’s businesses went bankrupt.

Trump has created or helped create hundreds of businesses. Fewer than 10 went bankrupt. Hillary had one business, Whitewater Development Corp., and it went bankrupt — after ripping off scores of ordinary Americans. Also, a dozen prominent Arkansans went to prison in connection with sleazy financial transactions involving Whitewater.

(5) Trump University was a scam!

Approximately 10,000 graduates of Trump University were thrilled with the program and said so in writing. But a law firm that paid Hillary and Bill Clinton $675,000 for three speeches managed to find a handful of disgruntled students to be the named plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit against it.

Trump University was a minuscule portion of Trump’s portfolio. Whitewater was a huge part of Bill and Hillary’s get-rich-quick schemes, scamming the elderly, retirees and working-class Americans for the money-hungry Clintons.

As described by The Washington Post, people who bought property from the Whitewater Development Corp. were required to submit a down payment, followed by monthly payments, until the entire purchase price of the property was paid off. But if buyers missed a single payment for any reason, the entire transaction would be deemed null and void, and the property, as well as all prior payments, would be forfeited to the Whitewater corporation. No foreclosure proceeding, no court hearing, no due process.

More than half of Whitewater’s customers lost their entire investment. (See “Whitewater Repossessions; Sales Practice Benefited Clintons, Partners,” The Washington Post, April 21, 1994.)

Though Hillary had long claimed to have nothing to do with the operation of the business, when the books were finally opened, it turned out that the monthly checks were mailed to the Whitewater Development Corp. — “care of Hillary Rodham Clinton.” (See “Records Show Wider Role for Hillary Clinton; Whitewater Papers Detail Involvement,” The Washington Post, April 21, 1994.)

(6) We can’t allow Trump access to nuclear codes!

Hillary is the one who is champing at the bit to go to war with Russia, which, I am reliably informed, is a nuclear power.

At least Hillary’s adept at dealing with sensitive digital information. Huma! Quick! Are the nuclear launch codes on my Blackberry, my desktop thingy or my Facebook page?

Compared to Hillary, we’d be safer if the nuclear codes were held by Miley Cyrus (unless she kept them in her p*ssy).

(7) Trump’s temperament will get us into World War III.

Hillary’s temperament drove her to push for intervention in the Libyan civil war against Moammar Gadhafi for the sole purpose of giving her a foreign policy success that could be all her own.

Obama was skeptical. Libya was Hillary’s baby. (Sidney Blumenthal’s email to Hillary: “First, brava! This is a historic moment and you will be credited for realizing it.”)

After Gadhafi was killed, Hillary’s temperament led her to go on TV and laughingly say, “We came. We saw. He died.”

Unfortunately, Hillary hadn’t given the slightest thought to what would come next. What came next was: the Muslim Brotherhood, the murder of Americans in Benghazi and millions of refugees pouring into Western Europe.

(8) Trump failed to denounce David Duke with the ferocity deemed sufficient by our media.

No one even knows if Duke actually exists or is just a phantom produced by the media every four years to smear Republicans.

I know that no one has ever been incited to commit murder after listening to a David Duke speech. Lots of people have been murdered by someone who’d just heard an Al Sharpton speech: seven at Freddy’s Fashion Mart in Harlem, and one Orthodox Jew, plus one Italian mistaken for a Jew, in Crown Heights.

Hillary has not disavowed Sharpton — nor would our media be so rude as to ask.

The mother of Ferguson thug Mike Brown, Lesley McSpadden, campaigns with Hillary — she even took the stage at the Democratic National Convention. The father of Omar Mateen, the Orlando nightclub shooter, appeared on stage behind Hillary at a rally.

If the media won’t ask her to “disavow” the relatives of criminals and terrorists featured at her events, could they at least ask her if she approves of their parenting techniques?

(9) Trump is a “racist” because of his plan to remove Muslim jihadists, Mexican drug dealers and rapists from our country.

Apart from the fact that “drug dealer,” “rapist” and “jihadist” are not races, we didn’t do anything to Muslims or Mexicans, except send them billions of dollars in foreign aid. The only “racism” Americans care about is that toward black Americans. We did something to them.

Hillary asks blacks to vote for her, then vows to bring in millions of Muslims and Mexicans to take their jobs — the ones that “Americans just won’t do.” That’s racism.

(10) Trump “fat-shamed” Miss Universe!

No, he didn’t — he saved her crown and she was grateful. It’s on tape.

But more importantly, the Miss Universe in question is Alicia Machado, well-known in Venezuela as a publicity-seeking clown.

Machado is credibly accused of: driving the getaway car in an attempted murder; threatening to kill a federal judge; and being the baby mama to drug cartel kingpin Gerardo Alvarez-Vazquez, who was on the State Department’s “Most Wanted” list under — let’s see, checking my notes — Hillary Clinton.

Until 1975, everyone would have realized that it’s stupid to bring in single mothers with no marketable job skills, to add to the dependent class. If we did bring them in, politicians wouldn’t proudly introduce them at rallies.

But Machado is Hillary’s model immigrant. Her only job skill is voting. Upside: Hillary gets another vote. Downside: You’ll be supporting Machado and her anchor baby for the rest of their lives, America.

(11) Trump is challenging the very foundation of our democracy by saying elections are rigged!

They are rigged — ask former Sen. Norm Coleman of Minnesota, whose 2008 election was provably stolen from him when more than a thousand ineligible felons voted for Al Franken in a race Coleman lost by 312 votes. (At least it wasn’t an important election: Franken provided the 60th, and deciding, vote to pass Obamacare.)

In any event, Hillary says the election is rigged, too — by the Russkies!

The Democrats and the media have gone full John Birch Society on us. There’s a fifth column in America — and their leader is Donald Trump!!!

This is a marked departure from their previous cosmopolitan sangfroid about communism. We could have really used this fighting spirit during the Cold War. Instead, we got Jimmy Carter warning Americans about their “inordinate fear of communism.”

Today, bad-ass, eye-rolling journalists are somberly announcing: “I have in my hand a list — a list of Donald Trump supporters, who are a conscious, articulate instrument of the Russian conspiracy …”

(12) Trump is shallow, has a microscopic attention span and has not studied political issues deeply.

On the other hand, he has a good heart, good judgment and wants the right outcome for America: limits on immigration, fair trade deals, the elimination of Wall Street tax breaks and no more pointless Middle East wars.

Hillary doesn’t want any of these things. She is good at memorizing all her little facts, but is deeply evil. She wakes up early in the morning to make sure she does the wrong thing for America.

(13) Trump has personal baggage.

This election is not about Trump. It’s never been about Trump. Anyone running on his platform of putting Americans first would be torn to shreds.

There are probably lots of bad things Trump’s done in his personal life in the past. The ruling class wants Hillary to do bad things to our country in the future. _________________________
If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.

I should have deleted most of this quote before reposting to save everyone from having to read it again, but I have some other things on my mind.....I am on the way to have my sweet dog euthanized due to sudden onset of kidney failure...I have put it off for several days simply because I am selfish and don't want to let go of her....and she is not in any pain, but I digress.......this stuff keeps me distracted from my grief.....

For you BG: I could go through and respond to every comment you made, but I am not going to do that....I just want to comment on the remark that actually made be almost go into cardiac arrest......you said, I think (I read it in a hurry) "Donald Trump has a good heart." I am quite certain you were being facetious so will let it go, I guess. and I will try to calm down....as some people mistake my passion for anger, but we women put up with a lot sometimes with you men. However, Mr. Maggot, you got that right, I am angry, that such a criminal, deadbeat, despicable, hateful, sociopath like Donald Trump is even running for President in the USA......IMO, it is embarrassing and to think, we were once revered as a World Leader and we are now the brunt of every political cartoon from every country on the planet.

As the oldest member of Mock, I feel that I can tell you what it is like to live in a time in history when women were treated like second class citizens....All women should thank the Civil Rights Movement for the rights (not equal yet) you have today......and yet you choose to vote for a man who consistently demeans women.
This last paragraph or so doesn't pertain to your comment Mr. BG.. but wanted to make a general point.......
Gunnar didn't write what he posted, blueberry -- he just positioned Ann Coulter's words as his own, not that it negates your reply in any way.

Anyhow, I'm so sorry about your dog. :(

And, I love reading your passionate personal perspectives and posts, sister!
Sorry to hear about your pal. (big hug).
(11-03-2016, 05:38 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I am on the way to have my sweet dog euthanized

72 I'm so sorry, honey, I know how much your little dog means to you and how difficult this must be. Some of us know your pain. I sure hope you don't have to do that alone. :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can't wait for this entire ordeal to finally be over!!! 106

(BH, Sorry for your loss of your furry family member)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Sorry about your dog too. Cats are what they are, but a dog is different. Those bottomless pits will stay by your side till they die. They are so freaking loyal.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-03-2016, 05:38 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 02:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: For BBH:
(1) Eleven years ago, Trump said on a secretly recorded tape that celebrities can do anything — even grab a woman’s p*ssy.

Hillary, born-again Victorian virgin, campaigns with Beyonce, who performs a duet with the words “curvalicious, p*ssy served delicious.”

Hillary is thrilled to have the support of Madonna — who has publicly offered to give blow jobs to anyone who votes for Hillary. (She’ll even remove her teeth!)

Hillary’s campaign has deployed Miley Cyrus to canvas for her — when Cyrus is not busy inviting men in the audience to reach up and grab her p*ssy. (Here’s a video of delicate flower Miley Cyrus in action.)

When Vernon Jordan was asked by CBS’ Mike Wallace what he talked about while golfing with Bill Clinton — aka Hillary’s husband — he answered: “P*ssy.”

Oh, and 11 years before Teddy Kennedy ran for president as the Conscience of the Democratic Party — he killed a girl. After grabbing her p*ssy.

(2) Trump’s a sexual predator!

Hillary’s husband is a well-established rapist, groper and pants-dropper. She’s his fixer.

Unlike the serial predations of her husband, leveled repeatedly throughout the decades, the timing of these 11th-hour allegations against Trump make them highly suspect.

Recall that The New York Times spent months investigating Trump’s treatment of women earlier this year. The Newspaper of Record put its best reporters on the job, interviewed a dozen women, and the paper splashed the story on its front page. But the best the Times could come up with was a story about Trump, as a bachelor, publicly praising a model for looking great in a bikini at his pool party. Then they dated. The horror.

Five months later, just days before the election, there doesn’t seem to be a female Democrat who isn’t claiming to have been groped by Trump — and getting loads of fawning publicity.

(3) Trump doesn’t give enough to charity.

The media only counts “charitable giving” if it can be taken as a tax deduction with the IRS. When Trump spent time and money saving a Georgia family farm from foreclosure in the 1980s, for example, he didn’t get any tax write-off.

Hillary, by contrast, was a big philanthropist because, at about the same time, she was taking a deduction for donations of Bill’s used underwear — the modern equivalent of smallpox-laden blankets. Today, the munificent Clinton Foundation spends less than 10 percent of its revenues on actual charity, using about 90 percent for salaries, offices and travel.

(4) Several of Trump’s businesses went bankrupt.

Trump has created or helped create hundreds of businesses. Fewer than 10 went bankrupt. Hillary had one business, Whitewater Development Corp., and it went bankrupt — after ripping off scores of ordinary Americans. Also, a dozen prominent Arkansans went to prison in connection with sleazy financial transactions involving Whitewater.

(5) Trump University was a scam!

Trump University was a minuscule portion of Trump’s portfolio. Whitewater was a huge part of Bill and Hillary’s get-rich-quick schemes, scamming the elderly, retirees and working-class Americans for the money-hungry Clintons.

As described by The Washington Post, people who bought property from the Whitewater Development Corp. were required to submit a down payment, followed by monthly payments, until the entire purchase price of the property was paid off. But if buyers missed a single payment for any reason, the entire transaction would be deemed null and void, and the property, as well as all prior payments, would be forfeited to the Whitewater corporation. No foreclosure proceeding, no court hearing, no due process.

More than half of Whitewater’s customers lost their entire investment. (See “Whitewater Repossessions; Sales Practice Benefited Clintons, Partners,” The Washington Post, April 21, 1994.)

Though Hillary had long claimed to have nothing to do with the operation of the business, when the books were finally opened, it turned out that the monthly checks were mailed to the Whitewater Development Corp. — “care of Hillary Rodham Clinton.” (See “Records Show Wider Role for Hillary Clinton; Whitewater Papers Detail Involvement,” The Washington Post, April 21, 1994.)

(6) We can’t allow Trump access to nuclear codes!

Hillary is the one who is champing at the bit to go to war with Russia, which, I am reliably informed, is a nuclear power.

At least Hillary’s adept at dealing with sensitive digital information. Huma! Quick! Are the nuclear launch codes on my Blackberry, my desktop thingy or my Facebook page?

Compared to Hillary, we’d be safer if the nuclear codes were held by Miley Cyrus (unless she kept them in her p*ssy).

(7) Trump’s temperament will get us into World War III.

Hillary’s temperament drove her to push for intervention in the Libyan civil war against Moammar Gadhafi for the sole purpose of giving her a foreign policy success that could be all her own.

Obama was skeptical. Libya was Hillary’s baby. (Sidney Blumenthal’s email to Hillary: “First, brava! This is a historic moment and you will be credited for realizing it.”)

After Gadhafi was killed, Hillary’s temperament led her to go on TV and laughingly say, “We came. We saw. He died.”

Unfortunately, Hillary hadn’t given the slightest thought to what would come next. What came next was: the Muslim Brotherhood, the murder of Americans in Benghazi and millions of refugees pouring into Western Europe.

(8) Trump failed to denounce David Duke with the ferocity deemed sufficient by our media.

No one even knows if Duke actually exists or is just a phantom produced by the media every four years to smear Republicans.

I know that no one has ever been incited to commit murder after listening to a David Duke speech. Lots of people have been murdered by someone who’d just heard an Al Sharpton speech: seven at Freddy’s Fashion Mart in Harlem, and one Orthodox Jew, plus one Italian mistaken for a Jew, in Crown Heights.

Hillary has not disavowed Sharpton — nor would our media be so rude as to ask.

The mother of Ferguson thug Mike Brown, Lesley McSpadden, campaigns with Hillary — she even took the stage at the Democratic National Convention. The father of Omar Mateen, the Orlando nightclub shooter, appeared on stage behind Hillary at a rally.

If the media won’t ask her to “disavow” the relatives of criminals and terrorists featured at her events, could they at least ask her if she approves of their parenting techniques?

(9) Trump is a “racist” because of his plan to remove Muslim jihadists, Mexican drug dealers and rapists from our country.

Apart from the fact that “drug dealer,” “rapist” and “jihadist” are not races, we didn’t do anything to Muslims or Mexicans, except send them billions of dollars in foreign aid. The only “racism” Americans care about is that toward black Americans. We did something to them.

Hillary asks blacks to vote for her, then vows to bring in millions of Muslims and Mexicans to take their jobs — the ones that “Americans just won’t do.” That’s racism.

(10) Trump “fat-shamed” Miss Universe!

No, he didn’t — he saved her crown and she was grateful. It’s on tape.

But more importantly, the Miss Universe in question is Alicia Machado, well-known in Venezuela as a publicity-seeking clown.

Machado is credibly accused of: driving the getaway car in an attempted murder; threatening to kill a federal judge; and being the baby mama to drug cartel kingpin Gerardo Alvarez-Vazquez, who was on the State Department’s “Most Wanted” list under — let’s see, checking my notes — Hillary Clinton.

Until 1975, everyone would have realized that it’s stupid to bring in single mothers with no marketable job skills, to add to the dependent class. If we did bring them in, politicians wouldn’t proudly introduce them at rallies.

But Machado is Hillary’s model immigrant. Her only job skill is voting. Upside: Hillary gets another vote. Downside: You’ll be supporting Machado and her anchor baby for the rest of their lives, America.

(11) Trump is challenging the very foundation of our democracy by saying elections are rigged!

They are rigged — ask former Sen. Norm Coleman of Minnesota, whose 2008 election was provably stolen from him when more than a thousand ineligible felons voted for Al Franken in a race Coleman lost by 312 votes. (At least it wasn’t an important election: Franken provided the 60th, and deciding, vote to pass Obamacare.)

In any event, Hillary says the election is rigged, too — by the Russkies!

The Democrats and the media have gone full John Birch Society on us. There’s a fifth column in America — and their leader is Donald Trump!!!

This is a marked departure from their previous cosmopolitan sangfroid about communism. We could have really used this fighting spirit during the Cold War. Instead, we got Jimmy Carter warning Americans about their “inordinate fear of communism.”

Today, bad-ass, eye-rolling journalists are somberly announcing: “I have in my hand a list — a list of Donald Trump supporters, who are a conscious, articulate instrument of the Russian conspiracy …”

(12) Trump is shallow, has a microscopic attention span and has not studied political issues deeply.

On the other hand, he has a good heart, good judgment and wants the right outcome for America: limits on immigration, fair trade deals, the elimination of Wall Street tax breaks and no more pointless Middle East wars.

Hillary doesn’t want any of these things. She is good at memorizing all her little facts, but is deeply evil. She wakes up early in the morning to make sure she does the wrong thing for America.

(13) Trump has personal baggage.

This election is not about Trump. It’s never been about Trump. Anyone running on his platform of putting Americans first would be torn to shreds.

There are probably lots of bad things Trump’s done in his personal life in the past. The ruling class wants Hillary to do bad things to our country in the future. _________________________
If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.

I should have deleted most of this quote before reposting to save everyone from having to read it again, but I have some other things on my mind.....I am on the way to have my sweet dog euthanized due to sudden onset of kidney failure...I have put it off for several days simply because I am selfish and don't want to let go of her....and she is not in any pain, but I digress.......this stuff keeps me distracted from my grief.....

For you BG: I could go through and respond to every comment you made, but I am not going to do that....I just want to comment on the remark that actually made be almost go into cardiac arrest......you said, I think (I read it in a hurry) "Donald Trump has a good heart." I am quite certain you were being facetious so will let it go, I guess. and I will try to calm down....as some people mistake my passion for anger, but we women put up with a lot sometimes with you men. However, Mr. Maggot, you got that right, I am angry, that such a criminal, deadbeat, despicable, hateful, sociopath like Donald Trump is even running for President in the USA......IMO, it is embarrassing and to think, we were once revered as a World Leader and we are now the brunt of every political cartoon from every country on the planet.

As the oldest member of Mock, I feel that I can tell you what it is like to live in a time in history when women were treated like second class citizens....All women should thank the Civil Rights Movement for the rights (not equal yet) you have today......and yet you choose to vote for a man who consistently demeans women.
This last paragraph or so doesn't pertain to your comment Mr. BG.. but wanted to make a general point.......
Sorry about your dog, but the internet is full of reasons why both columns of thought are idiotic. If you want to point fingers at Trump, go ahead, seems like an easy target but don't forget where your golden girl is.
The left has its fanatics just like the right does. I find both a bit strange and can only pat them on the head and say soft soothing words that calm them.
The Constitution calls for an Electoral College Vote, which can over ride the POTUS popular vote!

When we the people go to the polls to "elect" a president, we are in fact voting for a particular slate of electors.

A candidate must receive a majority of Electoral College votes to be elected president.

The Constitution calls for this extra layer, due to "factions," which is defined as groups of citizens who would either violate the rights of other citizens or would harm the nation as a whole.

The Constitution is designed to ensure "that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications."

The Electoral College is to preserve "the sense of the people," while at the same time "ensuring that a president is chosen "by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station".

In the 2000 election the Electoral College did make it possible for a candidate to win the popular vote and still not become president.

Therefore, it seems likely The Constitution's Electoral College vote will not allow the Donald to be POTUS, not matter what the popular vote is!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Popular vote and electoral college are tied together. Not so much in the nomination process but in the general elections it matters. The electoral college only works when the popular vote is close. When there is a wide margin it doesn't really matter in this erection it probably will.
Boing!
Thank you all for your concern about my sweet little dog. She would have been 8 on Tuesday, the 8th (yeah, election day). Her illness was sudden and unexpected (kidney failure).....I miss her so much.....she was so funny...if I sneezed, she would bark at me....she would be sleeping and all of a sudden raise her head and bark one time at me. I would bark back, and she put her head back down and went back to sleep...
She seemed to like the new house and rug I put in living room.....ir soft and she like to roll over on it ....
My son came over a few nights after she got sick over the weekend to take her for car rides as that was her favorite thing to do so when we took her to Vet for last time, she saw the leash and thought she was going for car ride and actually wagged her tail.....
Sorry I had to post this on this thread of all threads. Even the thought of that makes me want to throw up....

Special note to BG...i have done more than point the finger at Donald Fuckface Trump. I have reposted every negative blurb written about him on Facebook and have urged people to vote blue to keep our country a democracy and keep the crooks (Trump and company) out of Washington, D.C. Why anyone would vote for a criminal to be President is just beyond me.....I have chastised the FBI and Fox News and reposted every negative thing written about them for the last few days.......maybe people will finally realize that Trump is bribing people and using other intimidation tactics to discourage Hillary voters. He is the rigger and not the riggee.....Did you see the ad where it tells Hillary voters to email or text their votes and gives numbers, etc? i don't know why he hasn't been arrested for all the scams he has put out here to trick voters, even suggesting a hit on Hillary.....The FBI should have him under investigation....oh wait, I forgot, they don't want to call Hillary "Madam President."
(11-04-2016, 09:25 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: ... urged people to vote blue to keep our country a democracy and keep the crooks (Trump and company) out of Washington, D.C. Why anyone would vote for a criminal to be President is just beyond me.....

1st we are a constitutional republic not a democracy you ignorant twit, and

2nd Washington is full of criminals already on both sides.

It does not matter who wins this election because neither will change the corruption in that swamp. It is ingrained too deep; anyone trying to buck the system just gets destroyed.

I worked on The Hill back in the eighties. You all should go visit, it just might open your eyes to the truth. Go spend a night or two in the bars, or if you have the guts:

Capital Hill Swingers

you would be surprised who can meet.

I have warned repeatedly you are being lied to; if you don't wake up you may not survive the reset that is coming.
Well, if I am an ignorant twit, then you are a pompous ass.....

I have only one (or two) things to say...Go Hillary.....Vote Blue and keep Trump and his thugs out of Washington, D.C.

Go Hillary....vote Blue,,,all the way. Now practice saying "Madam President," wise-guy.
Madam President you get top bunk!
(11-04-2016, 09:25 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Thank you all for your concern about my sweet little dog. She would have been 8 on Tuesday, the 8th (yeah, election day). Her illness was sudden and unexpected (kidney failure).....I miss her so much.....she was so funny...if I sneezed, she would bark at me....she would be sleeping and all of a sudden raise her head and bark one time at me. I would bark back, and she put her head back down and went back to sleep...
She seemed to like the new house and rug I put in living room.....ir soft and she like to roll over on it ....
My son came over a few nights after she got sick over the weekend to take her for car rides as that was her favorite thing to do so when we took her to Vet for last time, she saw the leash and thought she was going for car ride and actually wagged her tail.....
Sorry I had to post this on this thread of all threads. Even the thought of that makes me want to throw up....

Special note to BG...i have done more than point the finger at Donald Fuckface Trump. I have reposted every negative blurb written about him on Facebook and have urged people to vote blue to keep our country a democracy and keep the crooks (Trump and company) out of Washington, D.C. Why anyone would vote for a criminal to be President is just beyond me.....I have chastised the FBI and Fox News and reposted every negative thing written about them for the last few days.......maybe people will finally realize that Trump is bribing people and using other intimidation tactics to discourage Hillary voters. He is the rigger and not the riggee.....Did you see the ad where it tells Hillary voters to email or text their votes and gives numbers, etc? i don't know why he hasn't been arrested for all the scams he has put out here to trick voters, even suggesting a hit on Hillary.....The FBI should have him under investigation....oh wait, I forgot, they don't want to call Hillary "Madam President."

I'm really sorry for your loss, blueberry. I know it's profound. Sounds like you did everything possible to make her last days the best they could be, which isn't surprising in the least.

I think we'll be seeing the first female president inaugurated on January 20, 2017. I was not hesitant to cast my vote for Hillary Clinton last week -- she proved to me that she was the better candidate and she's a hell of a fighter. The fact that she happens to be a woman is a nice cherry on top, for me.

If I'm wrong and Trump wins, I don't think it will be long before another female candidate becomes President -- Clinton has already shattered several glass ceilings and there are definitely a lot of brilliant capable women out there. Just to be sure though, I've started a 'sally for President 2024" PAC in case the qualified women aren't interested. She'll win because all of her competitors won't be able to withstand her drunken pissy attacks and will just drop out. She'll make them wish they'd been running against Donald Trump, the whiny, ignorant, pussy-grabbing king of debt.
(11-04-2016, 09:55 PM)pyropappy Wrote: you ignorant twit

You leave her the fuck alone. [Image: fight.gif]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]