Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
I agree user. Also she stopped turning her chair every time she answers, or even directly facing the jury, and i am trying to figure out if it goes with when she is lying or if/when she is telling the truth. It would be interesting to know if it matches one or the other, or neither and just a coincidence.
If her tears were real today, I'm Kate Upton. She does a piss poor job at fake crying. I'll just dab my nose and sniff every now and then....see me cry?
Commando Cunt Queen
Oh and they mentioned she was wearing braids. At some point, you just know she's going to say Travis grabbed her by her braids.

The other thing I found inconceivable is he supposedly threw a c/d, it ricocheted off of something and then rolled off the desk and landed on her head. hah Really?
Commando Cunt Queen
I caught some of the testimony today.

I was shaking my head when she said that Travis had only attempted to tie her up once before, but they didn't follow through because the rope was a little scratchy and it kinda hurt her. Yet, we're supposed to believe that the same guy who would be concerned about a little scratching to his partner would slap her around, gain sex through control/fear, and anally penetrate her without lube during sleep? Doubtful.

So many inconsistencies. Her "earthquake"-like shaking in fear of him being mean to her and raising his voice from 1,000 miles away is a total eye-roller too, imo... Segway to the abuse experts: she's checking the boxes on the abuse victim characteristics list story by story.

I think that her "Ninjas did it!" story was more believable, but who knows if at least one person on the jury will believe that he was such a monster and she was so scarred from abuse that she truly feared for her life; worked for Mary Winkler.

If Jodi doesn't FINALLY testify about the actual killing tomorrow...
(02-19-2013, 08:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I was shaking my head when she said that Travis had only attempted to tie her up once before, but they didn't follow through because the rope was a little scratchy and it kinda hurt her. Yet, we're supposed to believe that the same guy who would be concerned about a little scratching to his partner would slap her around, gain sex through control/fear, and anally penetrate her without lube during sleep? Doubtful.

So many inconsistencies. Her "earthquake"-like shaking in fear of him being mean to her and raising his voice from 1,000 miles away is a total eye-roller too, imo... Segway to the abuse experts: she's checking the boxes on the abuse victim characteristics list story by story.
rrow...
i did hear the part about the scratchy twine and i had heard the other parts of the smacking the side of the face and also were she said that him twisting her arm behind her back didn't hurt her or cause her pain. I didn't connect them like you just did but now that you did it made me have an ah ha moment, thank you! What i did think when she said that about the scratchy twine was why not just go get the stuff from the sex store if you went there once, go again and get the tie up kits if you are really into this tying up stuff.

I agree with many things you've said about her going down a check list. I just don't see the evidence to back it up. It is obvious from other people's testimony that Travis wasn't violent or aggressive with any other women and i don't want to ever say someone brings on domestic violence upon themselves but sometimes people bring out the crazy in people and just shouldn't be together. I doubt seriously that Jodi brought out the crazy in Travis and that Travis was abusive towards her. I think that they were very sexual and maybe Travis took advantage of the fact that Jodi was more infatuated with Travis and obsessed with him, wanting more from him than what he was going to give her. He just wasn't that in to her, lol and she killed him. I definitely don't think he was abusive, was he manipulative, maybe but not abusive.

I can't wait to see what is going to be said today.
The old "I can't recall" , " I don't remember" game................
She remembers everything good/bad about the relationship and now her memory is gone regarding Travis being murdered.

Her last memory is being in the bathroom screaming and dropping the knife on the floor. Oh, but she remembers what was going on in her head. She couldn't believe what had just happened, and couldn't rewind the clock. Really????????
(02-20-2013, 02:11 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: The old "I can't recall" , " I don't remember" game................
She remembers everything good/bad about the relationship and now her memory is gone regarding Travis being murdered.

Selective amnesia; amazingly convenient. The crocodile tears were pretty transparent too. Crying-into-tissue

Jodi still loves him. Poor Jodi. So sad that Travis made her kill him like that.
(02-20-2013, 02:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Selective amnesia; amazingly convenient. The crocodile tears were pretty transparent too. Crying-into-tissue

Jodi still loves him. Poor Jodi. So sad that Travis made her kill him like that.

It's a different kind of love now (according to her). What a nut!

Did you notice she has hardly made eye contact with the Jury?

Cannot wait until that prosecutor gets his claws in her.
(02-20-2013, 02:29 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 02:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Selective amnesia; amazingly convenient. The crocodile tears were pretty transparent too. Crying-into-tissue

It's a different kind of love now (according to her). What a nut!

Did you notice she has hardly made eye contact with the Jury?

Cannot wait until that prosecutor gets his claws in her.

The love changes a little when you slaughter your lover, that's for sure. Jodi can no longer stalk him, slash his tires, hack his communications, threaten to make him out to be pedo... Ah, the good old days. Effin' selfish dead guys...

I'm really looking forward to Martinez's cross examination too. I hope he plays this lying bitch just right.

Oh hell, she's describing her romantic date with the other guy (Burns) after she slaughtered Travis. The detailed memory is back. Presto, magic!

P.s. now that she's talking about the post-mortem "hangin' out and getting to know each other" date with Mr. Burns, she's looking at the jury again.
Jodi Arias could learn a thing or two from Pistorius about how to seem like you feel bad about killing someone.
(02-20-2013, 03:10 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: Jodi Arias could learn a thing or two from Pistorius about how to seem like you feel bad about killing someone.

True. I believe that Pistorius does feel remorse about killing his lover or at least understands what feeling remorseful feels/looks like.

Not Arias. Black hole soul.

I'm frankly really surprised by how poorly she performed today. I thought she'd be more believable. It was just ignorant testimony and bad acting, imo. How the hell could Travis be yelling threats to kill her after she shot him IN THE FACE. Yeah, I don't think he'd be yelling anything at that point.

Calling her a "stupid idiot" and telling her "a 5 year old could hold a camera better than you!"? Frightening stuff, for sure. Sounds like fights that I had with my sisters when I was like 10. Those bitches are lucky I didn't kill 'em.

Totally unbelievable shit she's spewing. Please please let everyone on the jury see it.
(02-20-2013, 03:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sounds like fights that I had with my sisters when I was like 10. Those bitches are lucky I didn't kill 'em.

hah I don't have sisters, somehow I thought it would be more fun than that.

Kiddin'.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-20-2013, 03:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 03:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sounds like fights that I had with my sisters when I was like 10. Those bitches are lucky I didn't kill 'em.

hah I don't have sisters, somehow I thought it would be more fun than that.

Kiddin'.

It was usually more fun than that, but there are four sisters in the family and no brothers. Three of us are less than 18 months apart. There were a lot of "stupid idiot!" type fights when we were all outta school for the summer. I was usually the mellow one caught in the middle, really. Middle child syndrome. Call me Jan.

Arias is really articulate, but comes across as very immature in a lot of ways too. She's truly twilight zone weird.
We're hearing more about why poor Jodi had to tell all of those lies to the police and television interviewers, and about how/why she made plans to kill herself (but never did), than we heard about how she murdered Travis.

If they start cross-examination soon, I'm gonna miss it. But, she will probably still be making justifications for herself at this time tomorrow. [Image: mad0228.gif]
Did anyone catch that she claimed an attorney told her not to admit to anything during interrogations and so she didn't realize what those questions really meant. That was her explanation for making up the ninja story and she also stated that the one female and one male was probably symbolic of her and Travis. So she talked to an attorney before being arrested?

She also said at the very end before her attorney said i have no more questions she said "i confessed" if you are claiming self defense, what are you confessing to? and so her attorney asked her as a follow up well what do you mean you confessed and she said well that all the stories were b.s. That's not how i would want to leave the jury before cross examination. Tomorrow will be a great day for cross examination but i am curious what they are handling in chambers.
(02-20-2013, 06:46 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: She also said at the very end before her attorney said i have no more questions she said "i confessed" if you are claiming self defense, what are you confessing to? and so her attorney asked her as a follow up well what do you mean you confessed and she said well that all the stories were b.s. That's not how i would want to leave the jury before cross examination. Tomorrow will be a great day for cross examination but i am curious what they are handling in chambers.

I was really shocked that the direct examination ended today; it dragged on for so long that I kinda started thinking it was gonna just keep going and going... So little of her testimony was actually about the murder, what with Jodi not remembering and all.

I missed the very last part of her testimony, but just caught a recap. Not a good way to end, I agree. I understand what the defense was thinking; create sympathy by addressing how she planned on killing herself and take the wind outta Martinez's sails by addressing/justifying why she lied then and is telling the truth now. But, I think you're right - it really backfired and "I confessed" was a bad choice of words with which to end her direct testimony. She's still here and clearly trying to avoid death, and the jury is left with confirmation that Jodi's a prolific liar who knew what she did was wrong.

Ready for cross - finally...
(02-20-2013, 08:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ready for cross - finally...

Shit is about to get REAL............

Release the pitbull !!
[Image: images-5_zps096a33ea.jpg]
The other thing i don't understand is she talked a couple times about what she didn't want the detectives to think was her motive. If i were her attorneys, i would be telling her to not talk about motive at all. I don't know maybe that is just me but i wouldn't want to be putting those ideas in the jury's mind at all. She was specifically stating that she was taking the specific actions she was like not talking bad about Travis so that it didn't look like she had a motive, well she's saying what she is now so what does that mean? I perked up when she said that and it struck a nerve.
(02-20-2013, 08:46 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: The other thing i don't understand is she talked a couple times about what she didn't want the detectives to think was her motive. If i were her attorneys, i would be telling her to not talk about motive at all. I don't know maybe that is just me but i wouldn't want to be putting those ideas in the jury's mind at all. She was specifically stating that she was taking the specific actions she was like not talking bad about Travis so that it didn't look like she had a motive, well she's saying what she is now so what does that mean? I perked up when she said that and it struck a nerve.

It was weird to hear her talking about "motive" yesterday; betting that her lawyer wasn't pleased about that or the "confession" verbiage she used. Jodi went off script, imo. Bad move.

(02-20-2013, 08:07 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 08:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ready for cross - finally...

Shit is about to get REAL............

Release the pitbull !!
[Image: images-5_zps096a33ea.jpg]

He's on fire; straight outta the gate!
(02-21-2013, 02:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: images-5_zps096a33ea.jpg]

He's on fire; straight outta the gate!

I wish there were not so many sidebars, but I am totally enjoying the cross examination by the prosecution. I love when the prosecutor corrects her answers with responses like " I didn't ask you that, it's a YES OR NO question!"

Not sure if I am the only that thinks this, but she is literally coming across as a liar. Especially when the broken (cut) finger issue was brought up in a timeline.