Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK

I feel the same way Duchess.

The Dems have their divisions between the liberal, moderate, and conservative wings of the party and no consolidated message or clear standard-bearer. That will be a major problem if they don't have it pulled together well before the next Presidential election in 2020.

But, when it comes to the state and local congressional elections, the DNC seems to be doing a good job of supporting the Democratic candidates.

There are some strong candidates (many first-timers and women) with their own messages who are resonating with voters. Of course, some of the voters may be voting more against the Republican party and/or Trump as opposed to voting for the Democratic candidates. It's hard to know.

In any case, the Dems are kicking ass in flipping seats even in locales where Trump handily beat Clinton. That's a very good sign for them, but doesn't assure that they'll flip enough seats to take control of one or both houses of Congress.

02-28-2018 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
02-28-2018 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-28-2018 09:39 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah

Judging by the recent state elections, your fellow New Hampshirites seem to agree. ')

03-01-2018 01:33 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I love startin' my day with a laugh.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-01-2018 06:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(03-01-2018 01:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(02-28-2018 09:39 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah

Judging by the recent state elections, your fellow New Hampshirites seem to agree. ')

I don't like the dems running from high taxes to come to my state and then trying to raise taxes here. It's a little troubling these transplants but they usually get beaten back by the citizens. It's still a republican majority but even when its not certain policies never see the light of day with the largest legislature in the U.S. It's hard to get past that crew that work for 40.00 per year. It's not all about money here. Unlike other States.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-01-2018 07:28 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Cuckoo.

That’s way too much nutty predjudice and stereotyping of US citizens by locale, party, demographic.....to be taken seriously.

Don’t worry Mags. It seems very unlikely that the Democratic Party is going to bus a bunch of bad hombres into New Hampshire in a ploy to raise your taxes, take your guns, establish Sharia law, wage a war on Christmas, and establish an eastern version of Hollywood there or anything.

People in your state are voting Democrat a lot in recent legislature elections. That’s part of the factual election news. It’s not an attack on you, your state, or your rights or anything.

03-01-2018 10:32 AM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Oh yeah? Well um, um you're a big doody head! (slams door)

03-01-2018 11:17 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

hah wow! There you have it.

03-01-2018 11:38 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I think you're letting extremist rhetoric, fear-mongering, and conspiracy theories make you increasingly fearful and off-base Mags. You look down on a whole lotta people for a whole lotta reasons.

But, it makes for some good mocking opportunities and I still like you.

Live free or die baby (IF you're a native New Hampshirite who shares all the same views as Maggot from Mock)! hah

03-01-2018 11:46 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(03-01-2018 11:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I think you're letting extremist rhetoric, fear-mongering, and conspiracy theories make you increasingly fearful and off-base Mags. You look down on a whole lotta people for a whole lotta reasons.

But, it makes for some good mocking opportunities and I still like you.

Live free or die baby (IF you're a native New Hampshirite who shares all the same views as Maggot from Mock)! hah

You certainly know how to read paragraphs in between the lines. It's amazing! Sarcastic

03-01-2018 12:09 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Pennsylvania House Race

Another very interesting and hotly-contested special election is going down tonight in Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District.

Republican Rep Tim Murphy vacated the seat due to (yet another conservative) scandal. He's the dipshit who based much of his long political career rallying for God, for family values, and against abortion......... until he was recently busted out for encouraging his mistress to have an abortion. He resigned.

Anyway, Trump won Pennsylvania in the 2016 Presidential election by a large margin. However, citizens of states he won handily have been consistently electing Democrats in the one-off special congressional elections leading up to November's mid term elections. Will the same hold true in Pennsylvania?

[Image: Saccone-Lamb-DC-SMALL.jpg]
Tonight, Republican Rick Saccone (left) is fighting to hold off a stronger-than-expected challenge from Democrat Conor Lamb (right). Saccone has gotten over $10 million from the RNC, a visit from Trump, and campaign visits from Kellyanne Conway, Ivanka Trump and VP Pence. Honestly, I think that team might be more of a liability than an asset in Pennsylvania.

(continued)

03-13-2018 09:30 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

While some on the right seem to think all Democrats are 'liberals', that's simply a view based on ignorance. There are a lot of moderate and conservative Dems in purple and red states (like Doug Jones, who beat that idiot Roy Moore in very red Alabama).

Lamb, the Democratic challenger, supports Trump's tariffs and several other policies the President has proposed. He's run a grass-roots campaign with way less financial support than Saccone. However, he was polling slightly ahead before the votes were cast tonight.

Lamb’s strength in the race underscores the political challenges facing the GOP: the party controlling the White House typically loses seats in the midterms, and Trump’s historically low unpopularity makes it even more challenging for Republicans to hold their seats.

Another thing that's working against the Republicans, in my opinion, is the playing of the 'unpatriotic God-hating lefties' card. It's so ridiculous and stale. But, Saccone pulled that card today.

“I’ve talked to so many of these [people] on the left, and they have a hatred for our president,” said Saccone. “I’ll tell you, many of them have a hatred for our country. ... My wife and I saw it again today. They have a hatred for God.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

No, dude......some voters just might favor your competitor over you and Trump. God has nothing to do with it.

We should know who won the election late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

03-13-2018 09:33 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-13-2018 09:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  We should know who won the election late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Still nothing. Ugh.

Wild that this is the same place trump won by 20. Hehehe

I saw the video of Saccone telling people that the left has hatred for God. Whatta POS. Is there a Republican that doesn't lie his ass off? Jesus.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-14-2018 04:41 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-14-2018 04:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:  
(03-13-2018 09:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  We should know who won the election late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Still nothing. Ugh.

Wild that this is the same place trump won by 20. Hehehe

I saw the video of Saccone telling people that the left has hatred for God. Whatta POS. Is there a Republican that doesn't lie his ass off? Jesus.

Lamb won by 500+ votes last night, a slim margin, but quite a victory for the Dems. However, the race hasn't been officially called.

There are reportedly less than 200 provisional votes yet to be counted this week, so Saccone doesn't have a chance of winning unless a recount is undertaken and it reveals that hundreds of votes were miscounted. That seems highly unlikely, but I guess it could happen.

President Trump campaigned twice for Saccone, which included holding one of his campaign style rallies. Pence, Ivanka, Conway and Don Junior also stumped hard for Saccone.

Lamb was a much stronger candidate for the Dems and for the region though, in my opinion. Biden campaigned for him. Lamb's pro-union, pro medicare/medicaide and pro-social security stances.......seemed to hit home with a lot of voters in the district, regardless of party-affiliation.

The GOP's attempts to position Lamb as someone who would always go against Trump's agenda and be a puppet to their bogey-woman Nancy Pelosi failed. Those were just false claims by the GOP. Lamb was already on record supporting some of Trump's policies and opposing Pelosi as a future Speaker of the House -- he simply reminded voters of those facts and stuck to promoting his own agenda.

03-14-2018 11:05 AM