Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
[/size]
(03-07-2011, 02:24 PM)van64 Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 12:35 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: About the comments that we all "deserve equal protection and efforts to solve crimes should NOT vary"... In a perfect world that would be the case, but the reality is that there are NOT enough resources to permit this.
The resources must be applied in a descending order of priority weighed against workload at hand. I believe this case will be solved but convictions may be tough to get because eveyone "Won't Snitch" and LE has to work some leverage here and progress is slow. I would not want their job and I am glad they are there and do what they do. This is the type of job you can't help but take home with you. It can disturb your sleep and disrupt your marriage and relationships with people you love.
Make no mistake about it, LE is not there because they are kind hearted and they are not in LE for altruistic reasons. LE are paid well for what they do, very well relative to other occupations, and YOU pay their salaries and I pay their salaries. The money used to pay their salaries, benefits, disability insurances and the very generous retirement system that is common to all public employees, does not drop out of the air and land in their laps. YOU and I pay for it...not every cent of it of course, since LE personnel pay taxes also, but you and I pay the vast majority of what it takes for them to do their jobs.

Just take away their pay, their disability insurances, their retirement benefits...and see how long they do what they do.

YOU say, "Make no mistake about it, LE is not there because they are KIND hearted and they are not in LE for ALTRUISITC reasons." The antonym to kind is "CRUEL" and the antonym to altruistic is "SELFISH." So, you just categorized EVERYONE in LE as "CRUEL and SELFISH" people!!

And as far as PAY goes, it is BEYOND ME how you think they "are paid well for what they do." Most people in LE that I know are struggling to get by with the little that they do make.

Somehow, I am guessing that YOU would NOT be the type to put YOUR life on the line for OTHERS!! And yet, NOT only do you have an incredibly LOW opinion of those that do, you basically summarize them as cruel and selfish, AND place LESS than MINIMAL VALUE on their LIVES by expressing that they "are paid well for what they do." 100

"... and YOU pay their salaries and I pay their salaries." You also seem to think that you OWN LE, repeatedly emphasizing that YOU pay their salaries. Do you own your doctor, your landscaper, your babysitter, your college professor, your mechanic, your lawyer, or the customer service rep answering calls from India? Make no mistake about it, YOU and I PAY the SALARIES of THESE PEOPLE TOO!!! 85

"Just take away their pay, their disability insurances, their retirement benefits...and see how long they do what they do." REALLY?!?!?!?!! If you stop paying the electric bill, how long do your lights stay on?!? Seriously, I think you will find it hard to find someone to agree with you here!! Maybe I should HIRE YOU- here's the deal, no pay, no insurance, no benefits!! How long would YOU, or anyone for that matter, stick around to a job with no pay or benefits? 45

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Inspector Gary - 03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM