Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Swear on all things Holy, this is a Great Wine!
Liz and I went to a wine bar for Valentine's day, sharing a plate of imported cheeses and nuts with fruit and some terrific wine.
One of my recent favorites, and worthy of passing along to you was this recent discovery.

I swear! it is delightful and inexpensive.
(Don't let the name fool you!)

We picked up a bottle to take with us and are enjoying it right now. . .

[Image: holy1.jpg]
[Image: holy2.jpg]
Safe bet that wouldn't be sold in the Mormon/State run liquor stores here.
Are those real violets?
[user=35]LuMPyPussy[/user] wrote:
Quote:Are those real violets?
No, and what part of Utah do you live in?

(I ask as I went to school in Provo.)
Davis County.
Yeah, that county's pretty dry!

Does Utah still operate state run liquor stores?
(It's been about 25+ years since I graduated.)
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Yeah, that county's pretty dry!

Does Utah still operate state run liquor stores?
(It's been about 25+ years since I graduated.)
Yes indeedy, those pious pimples on the ass of the angle Marconi still run the liquor stores and with an iron hand, I might add.
Wow! You say $15 US is inexpensive for a bottle of wine? That converts to about $25 here atm, and would get you a very very good bottle of wine...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
It seems cheap to me and honestly, the more expensive bottles of wine, for my unsophisticated palette would be wasted.
Fair enough... I should have added that an inexpensive bottle of wine in Australia is around AU$6.... parking meter change for you
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I just looked it up, it's Australian wine. ::gigg::
South Australian. But, yeah, it is...
And Crash, parking in downtown San Diego can run $15. for two hours, easy.
Not as bad as New York but any stretch of the imagination, but sucks just the same.
Yeah.. and you can get it for around AU$9 a bottle in Aus.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:South Australian. But, yeah, it is...

Ah! So if someone were to say that they got some pickles, say, from America, they really need to specify they're from SOUTH America.

You knucklehead! What difference does it make?
But, what would it cost to fly there so I can then bring it back?
South Australia is just a State, OBK, same as Utah or Texas etc etc... Being colonised by the British means we have pretty drab and unimaginative naming of the lands. Hence New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria.... When their miniscule brains couldn't think of anything else new, the just went with South Australia, Western Australia and threw a curve ball with a bit of territory in the north when they named it 'Northern Territory'
[user=35]LuMPyPussy[/user] wrote:
Quote:

Ah!  So if someone were to say that they got some pickles, say, from America, they really need to specify they're from SOUTH America. 

You knucklehead!  What difference does it make?
I was being dry.
Apparently too much so.

:Blush:
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=35]LuMPyPussy[/user] wrote:
Quote:

Ah! So if someone were to say that they got some pickles, say, from America, they really need to specify they're from SOUTH America.

You knucklehead! What difference does it make?
I was being dry.
Apparently too much so.

:Blush:
You're like a fine Chablis.
Ever have red wine shoot through your nose from laughing suddenly?

Yeah, it's like that.