Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Australian exchange student gunned down
Surprised this wasn't posted yet... thought the story was getting some traction.

(CNN) -- A random act of violence has left a promising 23-year-old college baseball player dead, a family devastated and two countries half a world apart rattled.

Christopher Lane, who was from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. The motive? Three teens who had nothing better to do, according to police.

"They witnessed a young man run by on the street. Chose him as the target," Police Chief Danny Ford told CNN affiliate KSWO.

Charges were filed Tuesday against the three teens.

James Edwards Jr., 15, and Chancey Luna, 16, were charged as adults with felony murder in the first degree, according to Kaylee Chandler, Stephens County Court Clerk.

Michael Jones, 17, faces two charges -- use of a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact to murder in the first degree, she said.

A judge set bond at $1 million for Jones, while no bond was set for Edwards and Luna, Chandler said.

When police arrested the teens, one of them offered up a motive that made clear that Lane, who attended East Central University on a baseball scholarship, was chosen at random.

"He said the motive was, 'We were going to kill somebody,'" Ford told Australian radio station 3AW.

"They decided all three of them were going to kill somebody."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justice/au...-oklahoma/

I read about this earlier. Three worthless little fucks who killed because they could. I really can't stand the world sometimes & totally get the mindset of a dictator. I'd like to dictate those assholes and the people who raised them right off the face of the earth.

Caveat - of course I know that not every fucked up individual has a POS for a parent.

That's ^^^^^ for you nitpickin' bitches.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Suspects:

[Image: USA-CRIME_AUSTRALIA175136--525x215.jpg]

James Francis Edwards Jr. - 15, Chancey Allen Luna - 16, Michael Dewayne Jones - 17

Edwards and Luna are being held without bond, Jones had bail set at $1M.
Inbred and stupid
I hope this gets national attention.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I do too! Christopher Lane was a good kid, an athlete out for a jog. Too bad those shooters can't be put to death. Their age doesn't mean a damn thing to me. I'd like to use them for target practice, I'd let them run like Christopher was running only I'd want them to know I was there with my gun. People like they are make me feel blood thirsty.

This is Christopher -

[Image: chris-lane-2.jpg]
This whole thing is fucked..yeah, I know I probably seem like I'm screaming out louder being a fellow compatriot, and I probably am, but what a waste if life..

My biggest fear in life would be my kids growing up in a society where the value of a human life is nothing..like Somalia or Rwanda or some of the extreme Islamic societies. These scum just bought another part of America closer to that...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Nihilistic little pricks.

No conscience, no empathy and I bet no remorse about what they've done either.

3 scumbags going nowhere in life end the life of someone with real potential, no justice, no karma.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(08-20-2013, 10:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: I hope this gets national attention.

I'm seeing a lot about it this morning; it's global news.

One of the suspects' moms told police the boys were in a wanna-be gang.

The 15 and 16 year old suspects were charged as adults, so looks like they'll be living the dream when they get convicted and find themselves subject to adult prison gangs. Don't think that's gonna be very appealing to the little murderers.

Random, senseless and very sad killing.

[Image: ChrisLane7_540x405.jpg]
RIP Chris Lane

It's being reported that some in Australia are calling for a boycott on tourism in America; big story that's generating a lot of anger there.

"It is another example of murder mayhem on Main Street," former Australian deputy Prime Minister Tim Fischer told CNN's Piers Morgan.

"People thinking of going to the USA for business or tourists trips should think carefully about it given the statistical fact you are 15 times more likely to be shot dead in the USA than in Australia per capita per million people."

Story:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justice/au...-oklahoma/
I guess 'jogging while white' is the new 'walking while black'.

Fucking senseless.
[quote='HairOfTheDog' pid='336937' dateline='1377096831']
"People thinking of going to the USA for business or tourists trips should think carefully about it given the statistical fact you are 15 times more likely to be shot dead in the USA than in Australia per capita per million people."[/i] [quote]

Idiot, doesn't he realise that stricter gun laws can never work in reducing gun related crime?!

Oh, hang on a second, it does after all!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Looking at everything that happens across the US on a daily basis, I always find it kind of funny when people ask me how we survive with all that danger around us here.
[Image: HNY5TNHTN.jpg]
I have read roughly 8 different attacks / murders of black on white races since the Zimmerman Verdict!! Where the Fuck is the Press Conferences with the Douche Bag of a President? Where are the Protests of it being racial? Fucking Idiots!!
It's only racial when it's a minority who is deceased or victimized. It doesn't work the other way around unfortunately.
(08-23-2013, 11:03 AM)Jimbone Wrote: It's only racial when it's a minority who is deceased or victimized. It doesn't work the other way around unfortunately.

I am all about Justice where it is deserved, but this is getting out of hand! Just this week "young African males" killed an innocent white males. The president coming on National TV speaking like he did, IN YOUNG minds, he is saying it is okay to be an angry "young black American". In MY Opinion!

How disgusting that after all of this the douche bag HAS NOT even made a statement, BUT HE WAS right in front of the cameras after the Martin shooting!!

Usually I do not get heated about murders/race issues, its an endless battle. I am at my breaking point with this and can not keep quite any longer! Absolutely DISGUSTING! Embarrassed to be an American!
I don't think Obama should have made public statements specifically about the killing of Trayvon Martin when the case hadn't been tried yet and there was a suspect charged.

Likewise, I don't think he should make statements specifically about the killing of Chris Lane when the case hasn't been tried yet and there are three suspects in custody.

Statements of condolences for the families - fine. Statements and actions to address juveniles with guns, crime in general and the like - good. But, IMO, the POTD shouldn't comment specifically regarding ongoing criminal investigations/trials.

As usual, some conservatives are asking, "where's Al Sharpton now!?!". Apparently, there are many who believe that Lane was shot by 3 black teens or that he was targeted because he was white, though police have stated that it was a random crime of opportunity and one of the suspects is white. Sharpton responded yesterday; see response at link: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/al...tml?hp=r11

All three of the teens, regardless of their color, are extremely dangerous and the death of Lane, regardless of his color, is a terribly senseless tragedy and shame (which has the world watching).
(08-23-2013, 12:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't think Obama should have made public statements specifically about the killing of Trayvon Martin when the case hadn't been tried yet and there was a suspect charged.

Likewise, I don't think he should make statements specifically about the killing of Chris Lane when the case hasn't been tried yet and there are three suspects in custody.

Statements of condolences for the families - fine. Statements and actions to address juveniles with guns, crime in general and the like - good. But, IMO, the POTD shouldn't comment specifically regarding ongoing criminal investigations/trials.

As usual, some conservatives are asking, "where's Al Sharpton now!?!". Apparently, there are many who believe that Lane was shot by 3 black teens or that he was targeted because he was white, though police have stated that it was a random crime of opportunity and one of the suspects is white. Sharpton responded yesterday; see response at link: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/al...tml?hp=r11

All three of the teens, regardless of their color, are extremely dangerous and the death of Lane, regardless of his color, is a terribly senseless tragedy and shame (which has the world watching).

Hey Hey HOTD,
As I do agree with you regarding the president, I was being more sarcastic then serious. Because of what he did with Martin's case.

The report I read about how they picked him, IMO seemed more of targeting to me. The report indicated they were sitting on a porch and he jogged past them. That is how he was "picked". Again, race was not an issue, to me this is a "hate crime".

The third suspect is being portrayed as a white teen, he is actually half black/half white from the reports I have read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22...ostpopularhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22...ostpopular
This situation has international implications. This story is huge here. The baseball community here is also grieved and angry at events. Even the former Deputy Prime Minister has spoken out about it saying that Australian's should not visit the US. Saying that you are 15 times more likely to get shot if you are in the US than Australia.

Chris Lane was there on a scholarship from Australia, and I think that this crime has left many in shock at the randomness of such a crime. It has also left others re-evaluating whether to send future students to the US as an option due to the dangers there. Morning talk shows were talking about US gun laws and what Australia or the international community could do to exert pressure to change the law. It was agreed that any pressure would be ignored by the US.
(08-24-2013, 03:58 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: It was agreed that any pressure would be ignored by the US.

True.