Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire
From the above linked article:

"As sad as it was to see the days growing and increasing, we truly thank you," Zenya Hernandez told the newspaper staff. "Abby saw that off and on. She didn't see it every day. It gave her hope that people were looking. It was one of the first things she said to me when she returned home, is, 'Thank you to the Conway Daily Sun."

No she fucking did not! "Thank you to the Conway Daily Sun" is REALLY one of the first things she said to her mother after being "abducted" for almost a year? Give me a fucking break. I call BS.
(08-01-2014, 09:22 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: No she fucking did not! "Thank you to the Conway Daily Sun" is REALLY one of the first things she said to her mother after being "abducted" for almost a year? Give me a fucking break. I call BS.

Do you feel suspicious of her? I'm just wondering if I'm the only big asshole for thinking badly of a kid.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-02-2014, 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 09:22 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: No she fucking did not! "Thank you to the Conway Daily Sun" is REALLY one of the first things she said to her mother after being "abducted" for almost a year? Give me a fucking break. I call BS.

Do you feel suspicious of her? I'm just wondering if I'm the only big asshole for thinking badly of a kid.

I'm not suspicious of Abby, per se. I'm suspicious of the mother, in that everything we hear from 'Abby' is filtered through her mother and it all reeks of BS. I think Abby has probably been truthful with her mother and LE about running away - willingly. It's the mother who's trying to make everyone believe Abby was abducted and held against her will.

I'm not defending the guy Abby was with. He's an adult, she's a minor and we all know you don't do that shit. I just don't think he's the "Ariel Castro" the mother wants us to believe he is.
The truth has a funny way of coming out. Time erodes the façade.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-30-2014, 09:51 PM)Cheyne Wrote: I don't have a problem with the make-up, as most teenage girls think they cannot leave home without it. Flipping the bird is a little weird though. Most kids do that when they are feeling defiant. Is that bird directed at the press, the public, LE or Kibby?

I will say she doesn't look malnourished, at least not how I think of the term. Her hair is still long and shiny-if she had been malnourished for the last 9 months it would look dull and flat and may have thinned and broken off.

It's not so much that I have a problem with a 15 year old wearing make-up.

When Abby was missing, all the pics they posted of her were make-up free, in other words, they portrayed a sweet, seemingly innocent little girl.

In my opinion, it would have looked better on her part, if she had kept the 'innocent & modest look' in court. instead, she came off looking like a hooker supporting her pimp.
(08-02-2014, 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: ~snipped~
Do you feel suspicious of her? I'm just wondering if I'm the only big asshole for thinking badly of a kid.[/i][/size]

I don't feel suspicious of Abby, but I am suspicious of the story. If Abby did go willingly with Kibby, he should still be in a world of hurt. 14 year old girls are not able to make those decisions in our society. As an adult, Kibby is ultimately responsible for taking Abby by force or persuasion.

I haven't seen anything more about Abby being held in a storage container-either that was bunk or the cops are keeping mum about it.
(08-03-2014, 07:26 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(07-30-2014, 09:51 PM)Cheyne Wrote: I don't have a problem with the make-up, as most teenage girls think they cannot leave home without it. Flipping the bird is a little weird though. Most kids do that when they are feeling defiant. Is that bird directed at the press, the public, LE or Kibby?

I will say she doesn't look malnourished, at least not how I think of the term. Her hair is still long and shiny-if she had been malnourished for the last 9 months it would look dull and flat and may have thinned and broken off.

It's not so much that I have a problem with a 15 year old wearing make-up.

When Abby was missing, all the pics they posted of her were make-up free, in other words, they portrayed a sweet, seemingly innocent little girl.

In my opinion, it would have looked better on her part, if she had kept the 'innocent & modest look' in court. instead, she came off looking like a hooker supporting her pimp.

I see your point.

I doubt that prosecutors told Abby what to wear in regards to make-up. Maybe she feels she's been through enough to be "justified" in wearing it or Zena had a rule that Abby couldn't wear make-up until she was 15 or something.

She does look older. Not sure whether that's a teenager aging 9 months, stress, or the make-up.
This is a bizarre case for sure, but I don't think Abby ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with Kibby. I would think a 14 year old girl would look at him and see a creepy older man. I could be wrong, but anxious to hear what comes to light in court.
(07-30-2014, 09:46 PM)Cheyne Wrote: After that incident, Kibby was ordered not to possess any firearms as part of his bail conditions.[/color] Court records show he called Gorham police to his home March 4 to seize several guns, so as not to violate his bail conditions.

This just gets weirder. The Gorham police were called to Kibby's house to seize his guns and didn't have a clue that Abigail was there? Is the storage container double insulated and soundproofed? From the picture that Duchess posted-it doesn't even look to have any type of ventilation. JMO-There is no way a human being could live through the summer in a metal container with no vents, fans or some type of temp control.

Where the Hell was Abigail, really?

I think the only way that scenario could work, is if a third party were involved. When Kibby called police to pick up the guns, he had control of the situation, he knew when police were coming so a third party would be needed for Abby to hang out with (or be watched by). From everything I've read Kibby was essentially a loner.

However, I haven't read anything about whether the police actually looked in the trailer, or asked about it. I did read that they were only on the property for about 15 minutes, so I'm wondering if he had everything a pile at the door and police took his word for it, that's all there was. So it is entirely possible that she was tied up in the trailer the whole time the police were there.

I'm not going to believe she was held against her will until I see some proof. I have no idea what that could be, all I know is that I don't believe she was kidnapped.
(08-03-2014, 06:56 PM)Cheyne Wrote: I doubt that prosecutors told Abby what to wear in regards to make-up. Maybe she feels she's been through enough to be "justified" in wearing it or Zena had a rule that Abby couldn't wear make-up until she was 15 or something.

She does look older. Not sure whether that's a teenager aging 9 months, stress, or the make-up.

I got the impression that Abby (and possibly Zenya) was not expected at the arraignment but showed up anyway. There was an air of defiance in the images I saw of Abby and company walking up to the courthouse. I don't know this for a fact, it was just my impression.

[Image: article-2709510-201BEF6C00000578-242_634x658.jpg]

In any case, if Abby was held captive by Kibby (whether she initially left willingly or not), I'd rather see her pissed off and fighting than fearful and weak -- or pretending to be fearful and weak -- with or without make-up. If instead Abby or Zenya are pulling some kind of scam or cover-up, I suspect it will fall apart quickly now that the suspect is in custody and a full multi-agency investigation is underway.

Anxious to get some more details as to what LE believes went down next Tuesday at the Probable Cause Hearing.
(08-04-2014, 03:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There was an air of defiance in the images I saw of Abby

She sounded defiant as well. I heard her speak. She sounded like a little snot. The media were taking pix and they kept asking her if she had anything she wanted to say.

Here it is. I didn't think I'd be able to find it -

I think I might be too judgmental where this girl is concerned. I don't know anything that anyone else doesn't know but yet I've found her guilty of fabricating her own kidnapping. Jesus.
PROBABLE CAUSE HEARING FOR 8 / 12 CANCELLED

Damn, I really wanted to hear some state's evidence and/or see a warrant. The hearing has not been rescheduled.

UPDATES:

The trailer and storage shed
Since his arraignment two weeks back, there has been strange legal wrangling over Kibby's trailer home and the storage shed (considered as both evidence and the alleged crime scene). The state wanted to move it and take it in to state custody, claiming it could be tampered with by looky-loos or the landlord (since the rent is now unpaid).

The defense objected because they haven't been permitted to investigate. Judge Albee agreed with the defense and ordered the state to pay the rent and guard the property rather than move it.

It sounds to me like the defense is still being kept in the dark as to the state's full allegations and doesn't necessarily trust the attorney general's office; the judge is carefully guarding the suspect's rights.

All other evidence
Judge Albee went beyond addressing the property and agreed to a defense request that officials maintain “any evidence of any investigation by anyone into the possibility that any other person may have committed the alleged crime or crimes with which the State charges Mr. Kibby.’’

Refs:
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/20.../13808427/
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/08...story.html
(08-12-2014, 12:08 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The defense objected because they haven't been permitted to investigate.

I'm not defending this guy but this really bugs the hell out of me and I don't understand why the prosecutors office is getting away with it. It seems to me that the defense attorney/s would be entitled to any and all evidence that the prosecutors office has. I feel that the defense has every right to go to the house, to visit the storage container, etc.
^ I agree that the defense has a right to full disclosure and I'm not really sure what's going on behind the scenes, but Kibby's attorney isn't screaming about his client's rights being violated in general -- he's addressing state's motions and requests point by point when they arise (and, so far, he's doing a fine job).

Today is the first time that anything has been released directly stating that Abigail Hernandez was forcibly and violently abducted on her way home from school by someone unknown to her.

Snip:
The New Hampshire teenager who returned nine months after she vanished on the way home from school was violently abducted by a stranger and "suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence" for many months, her lawyers said in a statement.

The three lawyers put out a statement Tuesday on behalf of Abigail Hernandez and her mother. It was featured on the "Bring Abby Home" website created after the 14-year-old disappeared Oct. 9 on her way home from school in Conway, a small tourist town in northeastern New Hampshire.

"For many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence," the statement said. Now 15, she's home with her family "through her faith, fortitude and resilience."

"Abby needs and wants some time and space to physically and emotionally heal," said the statement issued by attorney Michael Coyne, dean-elect of the Massachusetts School of Law, and two other lawyers. "It is going to be a long process in pursuit of justice for Abby and for Abby to get physically and emotionally stronger. We do not intend to have this case tried in the press."

"As the justice system moves forward, and the evidence is revealed, questions about this horrific event will be answered," the statement said.

Coyne told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he "would expect that there will be further charges consistent with the evidence in the case."

Coyne said they put out the statement to shield Hernandez and the family from the intense interest her case has generated.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-hampshir...wyers-say/
(08-13-2014, 05:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Snip:

"For many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence," the statement said. Now 15, she's home with her family "through her faith, fortitude and resilience."

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-hampshir...wyers-say/

The day she came home NH AG Jane young made this statement:

Taken from: http://www.wmur.com/news/missing-n-conwa...82#!bDhN5K

Snip:
"Associate Attorney General Jane Young said Abby was in good condition.

Experts said her safe return and good health indicate someone was, in some form or another, caring for her.

"Someone that had means to keep her out of the spotlight -- she wasn't homeless. She would have turned up on law enforcement's radar if she was homeless or wound up in a shelter someplace," said David Ruoff, former New Hampshire assistant attorney general."

At what point do you have "unspeakable acts of violence" committed against you, and end up in good health and with no marks on your person?
Did Kibby stop beating on her sometime in May, so he could send her home in July without any marks?

Personally I think the lawyers statement is a ploy to gain sympathy for Abby and Zenya. I don't buy into any of it.

I thought she looked just fine when she went to court, lovely even, certainly not like what someone who had been to hell and back would look like.
The Probable Cause hearing is set to occur sometime in the next 30 days; no specific date established yet AFAIK.

The statement released by Hernandez's legal representatives yesterday looks like a public relations strategy to quash speculation that Abby was with Kibby willingly.

I don't really understand that move, personally. And, I think I'd be a little pissed about it if I were a prosecutor in the case.

Coyne told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he "would expect that there will be further charges consistent with the evidence in the case." -- -- Well, the only charge against Kibby thus far into the investigation is kidnap; no assault, no rape, nothing to indicate evidence of violence at this time.

Coyne said, "We do not intend to have this case tried in the press." -- Well, then, why release allegations against the suspect to the media, allegations which have not been made by law enforcement?

Coyne said they put out the statement to shield Hernandez and the family from the intense interest her case has generated. -- I'm not thinking that yesterday's statement alluding to numerous unspeakable acts of violence and a horrific event are going to decrease interest in the case.

I don't know what happened and I'm glad Abigail Hernandez is home and safe, regardless. But, yesterday's statement, Abby's presence and demeanor at the arraignment, and Zenya and Abby's radio show appearances contradict, IMO, the notion that public interest and privacy is what Abigail Hernandez is seeking in order to heal.

Amanda Berry was able to facilitate her own release by gaining trust from her captor; he trusted that she wouldn't try to escape. I thought that she looked positively glowing in the pictures just after her release (in the photo with her daughter and sister at the hospital). She was, in fact, a victim of a horrific crime nonetheless and for a much longer duration than 9 months. So, I think it's possible that Abigail Hernandez is also a very strong person and that her physical appearance doesn't necessarily negate her claims.

But, Amanda Berry said she wanted privacy and time to process and recoup. She worked with LE and stayed out of the spotlight for months. Her claims to LE (and those made publicly by Michelle Knight, who wasn't in such good physical shape) were quickly substantiated by LE and reflected in the charges against Castro.

Whatever went down in the Hernandez case, I don't think Abby and Zenya are doing themselves or LE any favors by worrying so much about influencing the opinions of commenters on social media and news sites. Not responding and working with LE to acquire evidence to substantiate her claims is what I'd be recommending were I her adviser and I believed her account.