Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
First World Problems
Many folks in third world countries worry about waking up with a burning tire around their midsection and could never understand the 'torment' that faces citizens of the western world.

I heard a comedian explain an example of a first world problem is sliding your debit card into an ATM and the screen pops up with a language choice (English or Spanish) and the subsequent hassle the customer then feels being delayed two seconds in activating the English option on the screen.

What are some First World Problems you encounter or are troubled by?

An example I had lately was forgetting my Starbucks password on my iPhone app and having to then pay in cash for my Chi tea latte. First world problem, to be sure. And later I actually felt a bit guilty for being slightly putout.

Yours?
I'm pissed I have to trim my own toenails.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
when the TV satellite/dish goes out just because we're having a howling Nor'easter i feel quite abused. Dramaqueen Tin+foil+hat+smiley

(06-13-2012, 08:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm pissed I have to trim my own toenails.

You don't have too.
I have a bunch of pricey shit that broke right when the warranty expired.
(06-13-2012, 08:43 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 08:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm pissed I have to trim my own toenails.

You don't have too.

It makes it easier to steal a few cookies late at night in my bare feet.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-13-2012, 08:30 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Many folks in third world countries worry about waking up with a burning tire around their midsection and could never understand the 'torment' that faces citizens of the western world.

I heard a comedian explain an example of a first world problem is sliding your debit card into an ATM and the screen pops up with a language choice (English or Spanish) and the subsequent hassle the customer then feels being delayed two seconds in activating the English option on the screen.

What are some First World Problems you encounter or are troubled by?

An example I had lately was forgetting my Starbucks password on my iPhone app and having to then pay in cash for my Chi tea latte. First world problem, to be sure. And later I actually felt a bit guilty for being slightly putout.

Yours?

Fuck me, what an awesome perception. I am PLAGUED by first world problems. Trickledown has NOTHING on this bitch, I believe.
(06-13-2012, 08:41 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: when the TV satellite/dish goes out just because we're having a howling Nor'easter i feel quite abused. Dramaqueen Tin+foil+hat+smiley

This is why I am so fond of you.
I had some witty repartee planned in my head to reply with and then the wireless dropped out. When it came back my iPad was flat. Then I forgot what it was by the time I had 2% battery to post with. That was 5 miuntes of hell...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
hah just fucking brilliant
If I dont pull my Suburban up to the drive in ATM close enough then I have to get out of that bitch to do the transaction.

I also have to buy checks from the bank occasionally.
It's tough deciding which sliced on sale deli meat to buy.
(06-13-2012, 08:55 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: If I dont pull my Suburban up to the drive in ATM close enough then I have to get out of that bitch to do the transaction.

I also have to buy checks from the bank occasionally.

I have not had to buy checks in over 8 years. I pay all my bills online and get annoyed when I can't. I only write checks to my hairdresser and things for school. I hate writing checks.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-13-2012, 08:55 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: It's tough deciding which sliced on sale deli meat to buy.

HA! can you imagine my rage when there are no lobsters over 2lb. at the fishmonger?? [Image: smiley_lobster.gif]

The GPS in my truck kept instructing me to turn the wrong way on a one-way street today; sticky area that I don't know well or drive often. After wasting 10 minutes driving in circles and waiting for the man's voice from the box to advise me as to an alternate route, I finally got a clue and pulled over to consult with a nice old fashioned road map. A First World problem was solved.
The "find my iPhone app" won't turn it on and make it emit a loud, shrill noise.
Commando Cunt Queen
That Delta No Touch Faucet I bought for the kitchen sink is a piece of crap and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Every now and then, Mock has technical difficulties and it takes an inordinate amount of time to view or load a post. Life sucks when that shit happens.
Commando Cunt Queen
you people have no right to complain!

sometimes my electricity goes out when my A/C is running and i have to go flip a switch on the circuit breaker! i could be electrocuted!

nobody cares!

nobuddy knows de trubble ise seen...21
nobuddy knows but Jesus!

I have no cream for my lunchtime omelette; I have to use water. Oh the humanity
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021